hf1

Please help me find a night nappy for my daughter!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Please help me find a night nappy for my daughter!

Postby clairelana » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 pm

I use baby bufters too, as well as WNNN.
We use either a WN wrap or wool bloomers over the top (pixie knit)

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm

My favorites are night notion and minky pockets.
And I have a toddlers that wees rivers.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 pm

JennyPenny wrote:I have a slinki, that I haven't used yet. Need to run it through the wash first and then its reeady to go so can give that a try tomorrow night maybe. Do you think prevolds would go ok in it? I am not sure if it is a slinky or normal without looking and it is at the bottom of my nappy bin so think I will wait for that! Will be putting a wash on when she goes to bed tonight.

I stuff mine with an easy peasy hemp insert and then a prefold on top of that (mainly because I don't have that many inserts other than hemp (too slow to use on its own) and microfibre (too squidgey for night times)) I agree with steph that they are pretty bulky for the absorbancy they provide, but they do the job if you've nothing else.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:I stuff mine with an easy peasy hemp insert and then a prefold on top of that (mainly because I don't have that many inserts other than hemp (too slow to use on its own) and microfibre (too squidgey for night times)) I agree with steph that they are pretty bulky for the absorbancy they provide, but they do the job if you've nothing else.

I do this too if i am using my slinki minki overnight, most of the time i use Upsy Daisy's Night Nappy with extra hemp boosting and wool, both work equally well :D

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:25 pm

I like Night Notions and use them on current child successfully. Previous son was an extremely heavy wetter and was in Minki pockets and I think they lasted him better than a Night Notions would have done. I used a very heavy weight hemp insert called a Jam Tot.

Another nappy I find good at night that can be bought pretty reasonably is a Kiwi Quick Flip.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks everybody! It is soo confusing! I will try the Minki tomorrow and see how I get on. I will see what I can find to stuff it with! I have lots of boosters, just standard cheapish ones - will they be any good?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 pm

I use a kiwi quick flip with 3 easy peasy hemp boosters and a bamboo square folded over with wool, or babeco OV with a babeco 8 layer shaped booster with extra boosting again with something wooly - either a wrap or longies or shorties.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:02 pm

If you want to try an Upsy Daisy, she's running a sale until the end of the month (ie tomorrow!), £2.50 off. Check out angelsquidge's post on the "WAHM wonders" board. :wink:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:10 am

I am looking at Upsey daisys, but when I go onto night nappies, it says there are no products to be listed???

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies