hf1

What will work under wool for night time?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

What will work under wool for night time?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 am

Hello. I have just spent the last of my pennies on some wool wraps for my DDs. Trouble is, I don't think I have anything to go under them!!

I have the usual daytime shaped nappies - MEOS, tots, napppy nation and other similar nappies. But none of these would last the night. Is there any way I could use say a MEOS and put in say a bamboo booster or something - or even the bamboo inserts I have bought for my pockets? Just until I have enough money to invest in a couple of night time nappies? Or will it just leak everywhere? I am just desperate to get her out of disopsables at night.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What will work under wool for night time?

Postby Frances » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:46 am

Afraid I didn't get anywhere with day nappies at night with my heavy wetter :-( I'd definitely recommend investing in a night nappy, either Flutterby Nights, or Upsy Daisy Night Nappy, or WeeNotions Night Notions. A cheap option is a Minki Huggle, but it's huge and doesn't come with an insert. If you post in Wanted you might a night nappy cheap! That's what I did :D

EDIT: You could buy a Minki pocket (standard or large) and put your bamboo boosters in it.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:07 am

As Frances says if you have a heavy wetter I doubt any day nappies will last the night. If you are going to give it a go I would recommend adding a bamboo booster inside the nappy and adding some hemp between the nappy and wrap. I have a pink nippa quick flip sitting unused that worked well at night for us with a hemp and/or bamboo booster inside. LMK if you want it FFP.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:17 am

I have a baby bufters that i have been using at nights I can do for £6.50 posted.
I have 2 WNNN and I have a FF night nappy OTW.

Let me kknow.

Claire

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:41 am

I have successfully used Bamboo MEOS and it's booster with 2 x easy peasy hemp boosters overnight under wool when i have run out of my Upsy Daisy Night nappies, it's not ideal but would probably do the job until you have enough saved up for specific Night nappies :wink: (The good thing with MEOS is that there is plenty of room inside them to put extra boosters in :wink:)

hth

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:21 am

I have just receievd another nappy bundle and I have a couple of Ellas house hemp nappies - do you think they would be any good?

I do have a couple of minki pockets now, I am just waiting till my hemp boosters have been washed enough times to be used in them and I will give them a go at night. Am keen to use the wool though really longer term. Hopefully the minkis will work in the mean time. Hemp inserts have only been washed twice so far - doing it once a day with other washing.

I have litterally got no money left now to buy anything. However I have things up for sale so hoping I can sell some stuff in the next few days, and if I do, then I will certainly be interested in your kind offers. :)

Thank you all very much.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:48 am

Not sure about the Ella's house (probably fine with extra boosting) but the the Minki pockets would be perfect for night time use :D I think the best idea is to try different combinations to see what works best with what you've got :widesmile:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:53 am

It sounds mad but you could try two day nappies on at once. I've done that before.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:57 am

Yup we use 2 swaddlebees, it's not even that bulky, look

Next

Return to Night Nappies