hf1

What will work under wool for night time?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: What will work under wool for night time?

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Maybe I need to order some more hemp inserts. The only Hemp I have is the blueberry combo but I just bought a BBOS so will probably want that for that. I tried Elouise last night with a minki with 16 layers of bamboo (2 doubled inserts) and she was drenched this morning. Clothes, bedsheets, everything. :(

No Nappies in the post for me to day either :( Was hoping my wool care stuff from bits and bobs would arrive so I can sort my woolies out reay for when my WNNN arrives.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Would def say to try hemp as well, easy peasy ones are good, 5 or £10. x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Yup they are FAB, I really reccomend the, she must be a super soaker, 16 layers of bamboo!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Ok, anybody know the best place to order them? Preferably cheap! Or if anybody has any preloved? Need something that will accept paypal?

I had tried the blueberry combo which is hemp topped with microterry, with 8 layers of bamboo underneath but still leaked [sad].

I do actually have a clean and dry minki that I washed when I took off her yesterday morning. I don't know if I should try again tonight or just put her in a sposie again for the night? I have a blueberry combo dry (or might need 5 mins in dryer to finish it off and some PD bamboo inserts (8 layers). But already tried one of each in there so it would need to be at least 2 of the PD bamboo AND The blueberry combo too! Going to be very bulky? Might give it a go? What do you think?

If we haven't got the night nappies sorted before the new baby is born I know I will give up and use sposies at night as I won't be wanting to deal with DD soaked in wee at 4am with a newborn as well to deal with. :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:20 pm

buy them direct from easy peasy they take paypal

I wouldn't use the BB combo over night, the microfibre would squish out all the wee I would think! Am I right in thining you have MEOS?? If so try 2 on them!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:06 pm

e-bay sells them as well. I don't use mf at night either and Gracie is a light wetter, I just stick to bamboo and hemp. Hope you get it sorted soon, it can be a pain trying to get it right but you will get there. x

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Hun my lo is 7mths and a super heavy wetter. We use a wonderoo with their own inserts a large hemp and a large microterry in top - lasts the night. HTH

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:06 pm

I thought you needed micomibre to absorb the wee quickly? Maybe I have got it all wrong! :oops:

I will go to the easy peasy website now. I which I didn't buy so many MF inserts now as I don't seem to ever use them! The blueberry combos were the only hemp inserts I have I think so it will be worth getting some more.

ohhh, didn't think about using 2 MEOS and onelife equivilant. Yes I have plenty of them. I also have snap in boosters - both the stay dry ones and the onelife cotton (or whatever they are) ones - should I use a snap in booster?. I will give that a go tomorrow if my WNNN hasn't arrived - DD is already in a sposie for tonight :(

I am still waiting for the stuff to treat the wool so might not be able to use the wool yet. Although the lady I bought it from said it isn't actually essential but it does maximise the waterproofness. Would you risk the wool without it? I have the woolies here and dying to use them!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:47 pm

I would say no need for boosters having seen my first MEOS recently (I dyed one for a customer, and WOW they dye soo well) just the 2 MEOS should be ok!

You do need something on top of the hemp, but bamboo would be alot better for nights! Or even cotton

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies