hf1

Weenotions night notions VS Upsey daisy?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Weenotions night notions VS Upsey daisy?

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:39 pm

I am really sorry to start yet another topic but I am still pondering about what to do about night nappies! We are still in a disposable!!

Providing payment goes through for the nappies I have sold in the last few days, I will have enough money in paypal to get at least one night nappy for my daughter.

i am torn between what to get and have heard good things (mainly on here) about wee notions night notions and an Upsey Daisy. Can anybody tell me much about them? I have tried places like ebay but they don't have any.

Are they both shaped nappies? Ie will need a wrap? I have some wool wraps on the way so it would be handy if I could use them. Elouise is in large of most nappies now. She is quite small for her age but seems to have a big tummy I think, gathering from the nappies we have used anyway. But her legs are reasonably thin considering she isn't walking quite yet. I want to get something that will last as long as possible.

I just can't decide! I would prefer to get something pre-loved as we are low on funds (because I have spent so much on nappies :hohoho: ) and I hate having to wash brand new nappies loads of times before using!

Again, sorry for asking so many questions! :oops: You have all been very helpful.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Weenotions night notions VS Upsey daisy?

Postby clairelana » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:56 pm

I asked the same not too long ago.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14467

I love my weenotions night notions, I have an old style and a new style. I haven't got a upsy daisy it was next on my list to try, but Flutterby fluff night took priority :giggle: I waited for pre loved ones to come forsale.

You do need a wrap or wool over them. You will need to lanolise your wool a few times before you use at night.

hth

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm

I *think* Kirst has a WN NN for sale will see if I can find the post!!!

I think they are fab, the WN ones that is, not tried the UD ones, they aren't doing them at the mo I don't think!

They both need wraps or woolies

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Both Night Notions and Upsy Daisy night nappies are fitted nappies - they need wraps. Although UD do a pocket nappy for night times too.

Up until recently, I have found the Wee Notions NN fantastic for my heavy wetter, but she's just slimmed down a lot and now has chicken legs and I can't get them to fit, so I've just sold them.

I haven't tried an UD night nappy yet, but want to try a medium/long one as I think that would fit really well, but they seem to be short on fabrics atm.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm

we have tried and have one of both- both large. both need wraps- wool works great and both work well :mrgreen: we personally find UD a better fit on sam he is quite large in the tum with med legs but needs a high rise- i find if the wn is well stuffed it only just does up around the tum and gapes at the legs :( but all babies are different so trying a preloved first may help :-?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks everybody. Going to have a hunt around and see what I can find pre loved.

Thanks for the link to kirtys one but it is medium and we need large I am afraid, otherwise it would be perfect!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Ahh, I didn't think, the ones she was selling before were large!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks for providing the link Hanna. I have just sold my 2 large weenotions. We have an upsy daisy nn in medium/long and it is great and provided you don't get taken in my embroidery etc they are inexpensive. WN NN just suddenly just didn't fit Gracie any more as she is long and skinny, haven't tried the new style yet though but they do look longer in the rise. Also motheresase Sandys are really good overnight for us and easynappies have them at £5 each just now, there is plenty of room for extra boosting. xx

Next

Return to Night Nappies