hf1

Night nappy for a 12 wk old

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Night nappy for a 12 wk old

Postby Hughesette » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:55 am

I have been using my day nappies with a fleece liner and wrap, but she is a really heavy wetter at night and they do not last all night, she is asleep from 8pm-7am so need something to last.

She is in bamboozles in the day as she is long and slim and they fit well, just don't cut it at night, so have been using disposables at night, but now she has bad nappy rash! :(

So any advice on small nappies for night time would be great...she is about 13-14lbs...will know tomorrow when I weigh her, but she is very long so the weight is spred out.

that was a long one lol
thanks ladies
xxx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Night nappy for a 12 wk old

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:04 am

We successfully used these at night with extra hemp and/or bamboo added to the pocket when Katie was tiny. Upsy Daisy make small night nappies so that might be worth a try too.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:44 am

When Iris was your DD's age, we successfully used a Swaddlebees OVOS, a Baby Beehinds bamboo fleece one-size and a EH's Bumhugger overnight. Sometimes I did add an extra Easy Peasy hemp booster, too, as she was still waking up to feed a couple of times a night (I stopped changing her overnight when she was about 12 weeks old, as she's never poo'd at night). She's a tall, skinny minnie and I've always found these nappies to fit well on her shape.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:06 pm

\summer weighs about the same as your DD I'd say a bamboo baby beehind would a good bet!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Forgot about baby beehinds, we used those too.

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Hughesette » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:09 pm

thanks alot ladies will have a look and see if I can find one of those baby beehinds...sounds like a good choice.

She is piling on the pounds so maybe a one size would be good! Apparently I produce gold top milk lol

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Unfortunately bamboo baby beehninds didn't cut it as a night nappy for my heavy wetter :( We now use Upsy Daisy NN, Slinki Minki pocket and Flutterby Nights, and they're all great. Use a Minki Huggle too and while it's very effective it's mahoosive.

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Hughesette » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Frances - I have a slinki Minki, but they just don't fit her right, lots of gaps. I have heard good things about the Upsy Daisy ones though...but they are really expensive new, and don't seem to come up very often.

I do also like the flutterby nights. hmmmm

Just have to see what comes up on the classifieds...spent a fortune on puddlepants buying some embroidered couche covers lol :giggle:

Susannah

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Hughesette wrote:Frances - I have a slinki Minki, but they just don't fit her right, lots of gaps. I have heard good things about the Upsy Daisy ones though...but they are really expensive new, and don't seem to come up very often.

I do also like the flutterby nights. hmmmm

Just have to see what comes up on the classifieds...spent a fortune on puddlepants buying some embroidered couche covers lol :giggle:

Susannah

Put a post in wanted! I did and got two UDNN - with night inserts and embroideries - for £8 each :D

Next

Return to Night Nappies