hf1

How many inserts in a WNNN

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: How many inserts in a WNNN

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm

She was dry this morning!! Yay! BUT I then changed her into a day nappy and she leaked within an hour (can usually get about 3hours) so I wonder if maybe she had saved some of her wee! I am hoping the WNNN will be dry enough to go again tonight. I washed this morning and it has been outside all day. Thats if I have enough inserts dry as I can't remember how many I have used.

All inserts were wet though so I def needed the one in the wrap.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

:wine: :wine: :wine:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Well. I put her back in it tonight with exactly the same layers as last night so hopefully it should last the night.

One thing though - I washed all my nappies this morning, including the NN and hung them all out to dry. The inserts were completly dry when I got them in about 6pm but the WNNN was still wet. I then stuck them in the tumble dryer and it took quite a long time for the NN to dry, even though it was only the NN and the 4 inserts in there. Is that normal for it to take so long? I thought as it was thin, with no inserts in it would dry really quickly?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 pm

was it just round the elastic?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Possibly. It felt dry from the outside but it was when I stuck my hand inside it felt wet. TBH it was still probably a tiny bit damp when I put it on her, but nowhere that would touch her so I thought it was ok and wouldn't make a difference once she adds one power wee into the equation anyway

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:19 pm

turn it inside out half way through drying

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:40 pm

I will do next time then.

WNNN is dirty as we don't wash everyday but I have tried our bumhugger with a PD bamboo insert in the inside and 2 EP hemps on the outside of the nappy, under an airflow. Going to try and reduce milk intake too to see if that helps. She is refusing to go to bed now but isn't getting around very well with her big bum!

I am thinking about selling my 2 minkis (I have only used them once or twice!) do you think I will ever use them? They were preloved to start with.

Previous

Return to Night Nappies