hf1

Boosting questions - bamboo bbh and bamboo Sandys

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Boosting questions - bamboo bbh and bamboo Sandys

Postby afterglow » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:36 pm

I have a Motherease organic cotton booster and the two standard bbh boosters. Will I need to add any extra boosting overnight, do you think, and what would you suggest? I can't use hemp due to hard water, I do have a pd bamboo booster and a few microfibre ones (the newborn insert from Bumgenius). dd is 13months old, about 20lbs and doesn't normally leak from disposables so not a very heavy wetter. She'll be in wool over the top.

Thank you!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Boosting questions - bamboo bbh and bamboo Sandys

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:40 pm

I think you'll probably be ok with the two boosters in the bbh, but I would suggest putting what you consider too much boosting in the first time you use and then take some out if necessary for subsequent nights. That's a lot easier than having to change an angry soggy baby in the middle of the night!

Good luck.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:39 pm

If your DD isn't a very heavy wetter you might be alright using the BB as it is(assuming it's been washed enough times and is up to full absorbency). I'd probably add a hemp or bamboo booster to the sandys though.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Hmmm, I might keep them in the day rotation for another couple of weeks to get them up to full absorbency, good point Louise. The bbh has been washed 3 times, the Sandys once. The Ecobubs arrived yesterday and that should only need one prewash, so can try that one early next week.

Thank you for all the answers, I think I'll use the pd with the Sandys, once the pd has been washed enough too. Still, gives me time to do the 3rd lanolising of the woollies.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Sorry to hijack thread but I have just bought a BBH bamboo and been thinking similar things. My DD is quite a heavy wetter though and trying to find a non leaking nappy!

Does anybody know how many times I should wash it before use? I am going to put a wash on tonight but wasn't sure if I could use it after just one or 2 washes? And I am confused as to if you need to dry between washes - different people seem to have different opinions on this! Do you think it will be ok with the standard inserts/bossters with an EP hemp on the outside between the nappy and wrap?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 pm

JennyPenny wrote:Sorry to hijack thread but I have just bought a BBH bamboo and been thinking similar things. My DD is quite a heavy wetter though and trying to find a non leaking nappy!

Does anybody know how many times I should wash it before use? I am going to put a wash on tonight but wasn't sure if I could use it after just one or 2 washes? And I am confused as to if you need to dry between washes - different people seem to have different opinions on this! Do you think it will be ok with the standard inserts/bossters with an EP hemp on the outside between the nappy and wrap?

It usually takes at least 3-4 washes before bamboo is at full absorbency. There is no need to dry between washes. I would use it after a couple of prewashes but add extra boosting until it's been washed a few more times. I would add an EP hemp between nappy and wrap for now, until it's been washed at least 3 times. You can always leave it out next time if you find it wasn't needed.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:18 am

That's useful to know Louise, the bbh and Sandys have had a couple more wears and washes so I think I'll be able to bite the bullet this weekend. I'm wanting to order a udnn too, but should really see how I get on with these.

Return to Night Nappies