hf1

UD NN - quick question!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: UD NN - quick question!!

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:34 am

Your FF is 12 layers not 9 :wink: but I really wouldn't compare, there will be alot more fabric in it that the UD NN I'm sure as the FFs are so narrow, and so are the boosters, the FF night nappies are only 1 extra layer of fabric to the FF fitteds with the 9 layer booster, but there is about double the fabric as the booster is twice the width, I really wouldn't take into consideration the amount of layers on this occasion!

I have heard rave reviews about the UDNN so I would say give it at go! Also I wouldn't bother with the booster if you have things you can boost it with already!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:11 am

I have ordered the booster as I didn't want to regret not ordering it, but I did have the same thoughts as you. I wouldn't have ordered it if it was any other material as I have lots of boosters but I don't have anything french soy so just thought I would go for it. And my DD is a heavy wetter so won't do any harm to order it. But I am sure a hemp or bamboo would do the trick.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Mine came today and it is very soft and not too bulky for a night nappy. I am just trying to work out now how many times to wash before I try it at night as Elouise wees through everything! Would ideally like her to be in it tomorrow night but I won't be able to wash and dry it many times before that as I only wash with full loads and try not to tumble dry.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Some one can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you have to dry them in between washes. I didn't pre-wash ours, just put it straight on and it was fine :D

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 pm

I always thought you were meant to dry nappies between washes? No idea about french soy but I thought it was the general rule? If I am prewashing I usually hang on the line but if I am doing another wash before they are completely dry then I just put them back in the wash.

I am just a bit nervous about not prewashing because somebody on another forum got hers on Tuesday and only washed twice and had major leaks! But don't actually know that this was definatly the problem and if prewashing isn't going to make a difference then I will defiantly use tomorrow!

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:07 pm

I dont dry between pre-washes either, mind you i only normally pre-wash once anyway :oops:

When i first got my UD NN i pre-washed them once and then just put in an extra easy peasy hemp and they worked fine :widesmile:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm

What's prewashing? :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Louise wrote:What's prewashing? :hohoho: :hohoho:

Haha i was thinking the same thing louise!! :hohoho: :hohoho: :wink: :wink: :wink: I NEVER prewash lol i am way too lazy and impatient!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Got 30 minutes out of H's FF that came last week before he'd out pee'd it.....some may argue that it was not worth it but it sooooo was!! :wink: :hohoho: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:24 pm

I might just do it the once then and then add an EP hemp tomorrow to see.

Alternatly - I was thinking it might be ok during the day for a couple of hours? Either with the main insert and no booster or even just the booster? To test the absorbancy? Elouise seems to be slightly heavy wetter during the day but nothing major - but saves it all for night time!

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies