hf1

Is soy french terry a "slow to absorb" fabric??

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Is soy french terry a "slow to absorb" fabric??

Postby tanya » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:42 am

Very interesting thread - I've been having a lot of trouble with leaks in Bella's night nappies. I think I will leave the fleece liner out of them and see if that helps.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:13 am

Well, happy to report that we had a leak-free night using the WN NN last night - 13 hours!!!! :wine: And it was quite wet too - again, about 2/3 soaked from the front, but no sign of anything trying to escape - wool was still quite un-damp even (usually much more urine smelling when using a Bumble). So I'm quite impressed! :D I just used it with the tri-fold and snap in bamboo insert (nothing extra added). So, just wondering if fleece isn't quite so bad for heavy wetters when it's been "quite used"? I know new fleece things can seem quite water-proof, so perhaps if you have a fleece lined nappy that's been used a lot, it might cope - or at least cope sometimes! :)

In any case, I was pleased to have him dry for 13 hours (tho would have preferred if he'd slept in his own bed :hohoho: but he was itchy and restless and insisted on being in the middle of our bed...so I was nearly falling off by 5am and very sore! :evil: ) I've got another WN NN to try tonight - I think it's a cotton outer with hemp inserts. Not really tried hemp to any extent before, so hope it will work as well as the nappy we had last night! :) Still keen to see how a non-fleece lined nappy works though, so looking forward to getting my Bed Bug next week! :D

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:16 pm

yay!!! glad soemthing worked :)

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:28 am

What is very odd - I bought Rachels UDNN from her as it wasn't working for her LO. And when I tried it last night we had the same problem! But I have a different UDNN and it works fine. Wasn't even very wet - had only been on a few hours max. Woke up soaking. Have washed along with my normal nappies today so hoping it wil be ok. I might stick an extra rinse on just to be safe.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:09 pm

How bizzare, hope you get it sussed!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:01 pm

How odd. :-? Maybe the nappy needs stripping.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 pm

I tried it last night and DD pooed in it after a few hours and needed changing anyway but it did look fine this time - the wee seemed to soak in like it should rather than in patches like it did the first night. I will hopefully try again tomorrow if it is dry.

Previous

Return to Night Nappies