hf1

How many night nappies?

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

How many night nappies?

Postby afterglow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:38 am

If I wash every 3rd evening and dry on an airer I guess I need at least 4 of which one should be fast-drying, is that right? I was thinking 3 but that seems to be cutting it a bit fine.

How many do you proper established night nappyers advise? Only the one dd who generally sleeps through at 13months.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: How many night nappies?

Postby Frances » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:00 am

I have 5 but only use 4 regularly. I do tumble dry in bad weather though. Bear in mind that night nappies can easily take 3 days to dry on an airer. I'd try 4 and see how you get on.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 am

I wouldn't have less than 5. I wash every other day and dry on an airer but some of the night nappies take longer than a day to dry. I also like to have spares incase Katie dirties her night nappy before going to bed.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:15 am

I can get away with only having four but i think one more would be better! I never tumble dry so i rely on my airers or washing line (if it's good drying weather then they can be ready by the evening), i would say it takes between 24-48hrs to dry this way for my UD NN :D

hth

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:18 am

I'd ideally like 5 again. That way we had extra if she ever pooped in her night nappy.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:38 am

Thanks for all the replies, that's really helpful. She normally fills her nappy right after tea but that could change so spares make sense. I need to think about 4 or 5 as a minimum then. I'm quite lucky in that we have a huge airing cupboard so I use that to finish off drying damp seams etc so can dry bamboo nappies fully in 48hrs worst case. That said, I haven't yet tried drying any puropose-made night nappies, but a bamboo bbh and bamboo sandys.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:55 pm

We have 6 night nappies and use them all in rotation, I try to dry out doors as much as possible but they usually ebd up indoors and then a quick fluffle in the drier to make them lovely and squishy again. x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:04 pm

We have 16 night nappies, but we use them in the day too

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:43 pm

I think 5 is about right (although we have more :oops: ) as it helps to have one or two spares just in case of unexpected poos.

Next

Return to Night Nappies