hf1

Night nappies for my 2.5 yr old 29lb toddler

My avatar
lara53
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappies for my 2.5 yr old 29lb toddler

Postby lara53 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:57 am

Cayden was in cloth FT until 18 months, but then we started using a dispo at night (eco of course) because he wasn't sleeping through the night. He still isn't and I was wondering about trying cloth again as I hate the waste and expense of dispos!!

We used to use a large huggle with a motherease or lovebums wrap over the top which worked well, but his bum was HUUUUGE and pj's looked ridiculous. Also used wool for a while, but stopped due to his exzema, has almost outgrown it so might be willing to give wool another try!

Last bit of info which may be useful, he 29lbs and drinks a fair bit in the night - 1/2-3/4 pint of rice milk (diluted 50/50 with water)

TIA, Lara xx

My avatar
Soo
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Night nappies for my 2.5 yr old 29lb toddler

Postby Soo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:37 am

There are lots more experience folk on here who will prob have better ideas but I have a 2yo 32lb boy and to let you know what works for us.

I love Paul's Puddlepants weedies. The large is a really good size and the poppers are almost on the smallest setting so plenty of room for growth. A really generous pocket that I stuff really well as Paul sleeps around 14 hours a night. I use easypeasy hemp and have 4 of them with a microfibre cloth over. Could prob get away with 3 as the back is usually dry in the morning. I use wool longies over it. His big bum doesnt seem to worry him in the least. Ive just bought myself another 2 as I was having to wash and dry the one every day as I was reaching for it before his wnnn all the time.

The other night nappy I use regularly for my 10 week old is an upsy daisy nn in hemp. A microfibre cloth over the trifold they come with works great. Once Ive got some more funds I am going to try one for Paul. They come in an extra large as well although Im not sure of the sizing as I know that the day nappy large fits Paul fine. An email to them and Im sure they could help with the sizing if you wanted to try that.

hths

Sheilagh x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:43 am

I love wee notions night notions, VERY absorbent, relatively slim, and can take more stuffing!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Night Notions and Upsy Daisy night nappies are good night nappies. We also use bedbugs and have some Flutterby nights on the way. If you want to try wool again I'd recommend an interlock soaker. We had problems with eczema on the inside of Ryan's legs where they were getting damp from the nappy when he was wearing longies and shorties. Minki pockets also work well at night as they take a lot of stuffing.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Night notions are fab but they are quite low in rise. At least the ones I had were, I don't know if the latest ones are higher.
Minki pockets are fantastic for heavy wetter as you can stuff them and boost them a lot.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Pinchette wrote:Night notions are fab but they are quite low in rise. At least the ones I had were, I don't know if the latest ones are higher.
Minki pockets are fantastic for heavy wetter as you can stuff them and boost them a lot.

The new style rise is HUGE!

My avatar
lara53
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lara53 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Thanks ladies x

Return to Night Nappies