hf1

MORE leaks!!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

MORE leaks!!

Postby JennyPenny » Mon May 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Hello. Well. I did think I had nights sorted but once again, Elouise has increased the amount she wees and we are having leaks again!
She has been wearing the UDNNs with the trifold nighttime insert and the snap in night booster. It was going fine, although soaked in the morning, we didn't have leaks. Now she is leaking in both woool or Pul. :roll:

I have put her to bed tonight in the above, but boosted with a EP hemp as well with shorties on top. BUT it was then too small really, I just about managed to get it round her but I am a bit worried that the applix is not going to hold as it was very tight! But it is large so can't get a bigger size?!

Any ideas as what to do? She is only 16 months, so probably has quite a long way to go till potty training, and is growing out of all her nappies!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: MORE leaks!!

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 11, 2009 7:37 pm

oh dear, I'm afraid I can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run, I'm sure some one here will have good advice for you. I do think you can get toddler size nappies though. Anna potty trained at about 18 months but you don't want that to happen and not use your fluff :shock:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm

No advice really either. What happens when you boost between the nappy and the wrap?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon May 11, 2009 8:36 pm

She is wearing Longies so we don't have a wrap! I might try using a wrap tomorrow I guess, but that would mean PUL. We do have some poppolini wool wraps BUT they gape at the legs so would probably get leaks there! :roll:

If she started potty training, it wouldn't bother me as I would rather do it in summer where as she will probably wait till winter when we can't go outside! I have a newborn to use all the fluff on so wouldn't be too worried about that! BUT she is showing no signs or anything and would want to wait till she is ready. We used sposies yesterday and the sizes 4s we had (that we have had for AGES as they are just for emergencies) wouldn't even cover her bum properly! She kept getting a wedgy! I know size 5 sposies would probably do her fine but I really don't want to stop using cloth on her unless I really have to. I was hoping to use cloth till potty training.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon May 11, 2009 8:47 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:
UDNN are the most absorbent night nappies I've found, except for Flutterby Nights. I'd suggest trying one or two hemp boosters between the nappy and a fleece wrap - not as good as wool but more breathable than PUL. I think you can get Tots Bots in size 3. Or perhaps try a wool cover like a couche cover? I also fold the nighttime booster in half to the front of the nappy, as that's Jasmine's wet zone.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon May 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Wee Notions are making Toby an XL NN. When it arrives I could post you an XL bumhugger to try if you then wanted to just post it back when you finish with it? I have quite a few tots size 3 wraps for Toby and I think I have seen that WN do XL fleece wraps.

You could ask UD if they have considered an XL pattern for the UDNN and/or fleece wraps? Bamboo Toddlease are reduced at Treehuggermums but I don't know how they are on heavy wetters? I have heard using 2 nappies get suggested for some heavy wetters - maybe an XL over the UDNN?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon May 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Why not use your wool wrap to hold the boosters in place and then longies over the top so you don't need to worry about leaks out of the legs?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Why not use your wool wrap to hold the boosters in place and then longies over the top so you don't need to worry about leaks out of the legs?

Thats a good idea - hadn't thought of that - Would it still be breathable with all that on? I do have a couple of large stacinators which are way too small in the rise (have never tried them on but can see that from looking at them.) I could maybe do that with these if they will fit round her waist. Or I could try it with the popolini, its just that as it is bigger it might be too big for the longies to go over the top, as they are only just fitting her too. :roll:

2climbingboys wrote:Wee Notions are making Toby an XL NN. When it arrives I could post you an XL bumhugger to try if you then wanted to just post it back when you finish with it? I have quite a few tots size 3 wraps for Toby and I think I have seen that WN do XL fleece wraps.

You could ask UD if they have considered an XL pattern for the UDNN and/or fleece wraps? Bamboo Toddlease are reduced at Treehuggermums but I don't know how they are on heavy wetters? I have heard using 2 nappies get suggested for some heavy wetters - maybe an XL over the UDNN?

Hmm, I did try a large bumhugger a few months ago and it wasn't even near absorbant enough for nights - but maybe an EL would be more absorbant?

I thought about asking UD to make me a big one if they could, but I have spent so much money recently, I am not sure if I could afford one! And I would need about 4 to use full time! And my larges are all pretty much new, but I am guessing I would loose quite a bit if I sold them now, especially as one of the inserts has a hole in :( (although I think that is the medium anyway). I had planned to keep them for Talia, but then I was thinking they would last Elouise till potty training and then Talia would probably be big enough for them.

Frances wrote:UDNN are the most absorbent night nappies I've found, except for Flutterby Nights. I'd suggest trying one or two hemp boosters between the nappy and a fleece wrap - not as good as wool but more breathable than PUL. I think you can get Tots Bots in size 3. Or perhaps try a wool cover like a couche cover? I also fold the nighttime booster in half to the front of the nappy, as that's Jasmine's wet zone.

So are flutterby nights more absorbant then? Not that I could afford one really. What are they like?
I hadn't thought about folding the night booster like that, will give it a try.

With my last UD order, I did order some french soy inserts - maybe these would work as boosting in the NN? I haven't seen them yet so not sure what they are like. This is before she suddenly decided to double in size! Lol. Silly thing is, I also have another large UDNN on the way!

One thing I do want to try and do, but have no idea how to go about it, is reducing her milk in take at night, but I have no idea how! I am sure this is to blame, as she does drink a lot of milk and has had more the last few weeks because a) she hasn't been eating much due to back teeth coming through, she has chipped her front tooth falling over, has a cold AND keeps being woken up by a screaming newborn! LOL. She won't go to sleep though without a bottle of milk (I know its a really bad habit but still!). Maybe cutting down the milk is a more appropriate thing to be focussing on.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue May 12, 2009 11:06 am

She stilll leaked! Even with the UD booster AND EP hemp booster she still leaked through her shorties everywhere, and the whole nappy was sooo wet!

Next

Return to Night Nappies