hf1

Absorbant night nappies other than WN and UD?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Absorbant night nappies other than WN and UD?

Postby JennyPenny » Thu May 28, 2009 10:34 pm

We are using WNNN and UDNN, both need a fair bit of boosting as Elouise sleeps for a long time!

I want to try some others but they would need to be at least as absorbant as the above. Want to try a flutterby night but none in stock :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Absorbant night nappies other than WN and UD?

Postby Kirstyh » Thu May 28, 2009 10:46 pm

I love bamboo Sandys, I boost with a pd and an easy peasy insert and they are barely damp on the outside. Getting on great with baby beehinds as well, I use them as day and night nappies, Gracie had one on coverless for 4 hours today with no extra boosting and it was dry on the outside. Hollow Oak night nappies are great as well

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Do you know a good place to get bamboo sandys? Or an average price?

We have BBH but use it as a night nappy for Talia. Works great for her but would certainly not last the night for ELouise. Good as a day nappy for her though. I have been keeping an eye out for some more preloved ones.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri May 29, 2009 7:45 am

Flutterby Nights are fab, but I don't think Hanna's doing them at the moment. Minki pockets are good too, you can stuff loads in, but unfortunately as they have PUL in moisture can't evaporate as it can with wool.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Bamboo Sandys are £5.40 at Treehuggermums (that incorporates an extra 10% off that ends on 31st May) - use the code FREESHIP for free delivery if it is your first order with them. I love them and have just ordered 5 more (to add to the 4 I bought a couple of weeks ago). I would have ordered more but have spent that on my overdraft so shouldn't even have got those, especially as DH only uses wonderoos if he does the nappy change!

Mine haven't been washed the 8 times needed to get bamboo to full absorbency so I don't know, but I don't think they will be as absorbent as a WNNN or UDNN. They could always be boosted. I use them of a day.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 29, 2009 12:51 pm

We use bedbugs, dreamscapes and Flutterby Nights. Our bedbugs and dreamscapes need boosting but FFs don't. I can't wait for Hanna to get more fabric so I can order some more. :D

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri May 29, 2009 1:42 pm

If you have a very heavy wetter, I don't think a Sandy's will work very well overnight. Ours lasts 3 hours during the day, with boosting.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Soupdragon wrote:If you have a very heavy wetter, I don't think a Sandy's will work very well overnight. Ours lasts 3 hours during the day, with boosting.

Cor Gracie must be a very light wetter, although her sandys are always much drier than her HO!!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun May 31, 2009 10:30 pm

Summer seems to be quite a light wetter at night, and Jak never really wee'd at night, but maybe you could try 2 day fitteds, we used to use 2 SBOV SSs

Next

Return to Night Nappies