hf1

Is it worth buying small night nappies?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Is it worth buying small night nappies?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:40 am

Was planning not to buy night nappies till Talia can get into Medium, and we already have one medium UDNN that Elouise uses as a day nappy. But we have been having leaks, which has woken Talia up at 5am (she usually wakes at 6am) and then she doesn't go back to sleep till about 7am so it means I have to get u at 5am (I am used to Elouise getting up at 9ish!)

Anyway, we have been using day nappies (bamboozles, lollipop bamboo, ellas house hemp etc - nothing cotton). And then have boosted them outside the nappy with an easy peasy hemp and used a fleece wrap pr PUL. The nappy and booster is soaked in the morning and she has leaked the last few nights.

BBH do work but we don't have enough to go around and can't find any more preloved ones (we have bought any we have seen) and they are not selling them on brand new!

I am trying to think what else to do. UD are still out of soy so if I ordered UDNN in soy then bythe time it gets here she would probably be nearly outgrowing them? But the medium looks huge for her. I don't think WN are doing orders either?

My other thought was that I am not sure smalls would sell on well afterwards as most people just use day nappies?

What do you think I should do? Talia was doing well sleeping through till 6am (sleeping through the night from when we go to bed) it seems a shame to stop it just because of a nappy problem!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Is it worth buying small night nappies?

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:16 am

Im not sure, but small nappies often sell quite well as they are usually in great condition and many people cant justify buying new; but it sounds like you might need them! Maybe someone on here can lend you a night nappy to see what its like (i dont have any smalls though, or i would!).

What wraps are you using? It may be that you need the next size up for night-times. Have you tried wool? It can work wonders for heavy wetters as it absorbs some of the moisture and is less prone to leaking.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:14 pm

WN & UD dont do small night nappies :(

the mediums fit amber and have done since she was 10wks :) x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Our one small night nappy (dreamscape) isn't that small but it is just as absorbent as a BBBH...

Trouble with BBBHs is that they do dry slowly too...

Something like a nippa version of a size two bimble or a size two tots cotton would work well as you can fold the front down to make them fit...
Bambinex size two bamboo nappies (nippa version) fold down well and could be used as a night nappy...

Also definately try wool at nights - nappies are much less wet in the morning and we've used it on Grace no problems...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:37 pm

For Charlotte we used MEOS until she was 3 months old but she didn't sleep through until 15 weeks so we changed her in the night and it wasn't an issue.

For Ben, although he didn't sleep through until 12months ( :roll: ) we stopped changing him in the night as it irritated his reflux so we used BBH and boosted Swaddlebees OV and quickly moved onto Size 2 Stuffies and then large Minkis so never found the need for small night nappies.

Because of the stuffing needed I found that Ben moved more quickly into larger night nappies than in the daytime.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 am

happytails wrote:WN & UD dont do small night nappies :(

the mediums fit amber and have done since she was 10wks :) x

There is definatly an option for small on their website! I thought there was so just checked! :D

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 pm

I have bought some small bumhuggers - hopefully these will do the trick?

Return to Night Nappies