hf1

?Is it wrong to be scared?!

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

?Is it wrong to be scared?!

Postby jennyjanesharp » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 am

I have some Ella's house and another one kindly lent to me to try for night time, but i'm scared!

what if she doesn't like it? what if she wets through? what if I stuff it wrong - all of which result in a bad night's sleep... silly i know, but sleep is precious!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: ?Is it wrong to be scared?!

Postby mabo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 am

I think you really just need to go for it one evening :lol: Maybe do it on a friday or saturday evening when your DH can help out in the morning if she does wake up more than normal at night?

It took me ages to try Anna in cloth overnight, mainly because the nappies I had at the time were way too big for her still. But she didnt sleep any worse than with a disposable on - and still doesnt. I dont think they really care/notice what they have on their bum at such an early age, as long as they are not left feeling wet. And if she does wake up and you think she doesnt like it you can always put a disposable on then and put her back to sleep and try again another night.

:hug: Good luck!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:17 pm

I was the same. I would recommend, though, that you use dedicated night nappies if your LO is a heavy wetter as day nappies generally don't last nights for us, even heavily boosted.

It's such a buzz when they sleep through in a night nappy for the first time!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Just jump in there :wink: I've never found a difference between night nappies and disposables in terms of sleeping / waking etc.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:47 pm

Gracie was about the same age as your lo when we first went into nn's, I just went for it and she has been in them ever since. I don't think they really notice what they have on their bums and we have def not had any changes in sleeping habits since we ventured in to nn's. x

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Just jump in there :wink: I've never found a difference between night nappies and disposables in terms of sleeping / waking etc.

WSS i just went for it. stuck a minki on him and he didnt care! just slept as normal and no wet bed. we've had afew accidents but we did with disps too

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Amber was in boosted day nappies at night to begin with as she didnt fit the nn's and i had to change them at her 4am feed as they were soaked. Since then she has been in HO, WN and UD night nappies and they do the trick wonderfully, she sleeps through, sometimes 10 hours and only damp on the outside and she is a heavy wetter for her age! x

Just go for it and see how it goes :) x

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:16 am

I was terrified too! Just because I was worried she would wake up etc. She has been in cloth now at nights for 3 weeks :wine:. As others have said I don't think they notice. She is usually wide awake at 5am for a feed so I do a quick change then and just put a day nappy on. TBH with sposies she wets that mush that by 5am her sleepsuit was soaked around the tummy because the sposie couldn't take all the pee she did lying on her front. At least in cloth I haven't had any leaks, even though they are saturated by morning! :giggle:
Just go fot it :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:13 pm

As everyone else has said, just go for it, you'll never know unless you try, and think of all the money you'll save on disposables!!

Next

Return to Night Nappies