hf1

TB fluffle for night?

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

TB fluffle for night?

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Our first pair of pre-loved longies arrived yesterday - smelling gorgeous (thanks Sarah) - but still have to wait for the UDNN.

So i want to try my new wool out - does anyone have any experience of using a TB fluffle over night. It does not get used as a day nappy as it is too bulky - so wondered about night? :-?

Also i have TB bamboozles which DD wears at nursery - do they work at all?

Having no experience of cloth at night don't really know what to expect

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: TB fluffle for night?

Postby Mareth » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 pm

I don't think fluffles would be good at night as mf can leak with pressure.

When Rhys was little we used bamboozles, and underneath the attached booster I put an EP hemp insert. I also use a minki huggle at night sometimes.

Don't have any experience of using other fitteds at night so can't really help there as we use minki pockets mainly.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 pm

ive got a fluffle and it leaks really bad. rubbish actually. too big for daytime and leaks at night :-?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:00 pm

I'd agree with Mareth - can't see a MF nappy working well overnight. There'd probably be compression wicking. A bamboo nappy night be a better choice, particularly if you can boost with hemp.

You could always just pop the longies over a pocket overnight. :giggle: Or use the longies during the day, while you wait for the UD. It's certainly been cold enough here today for Iris to be wearing fitteds and wool.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 pm

I have successfully used fluffles at night (whilst waiting for WNNNs and UDNNs to arrive) - I usually add a fair bit of hemp and or bamboo to the pocket and thay work well but are huge with all of that in!! I use fleece tots wraps over and haven't had any compression leaking.

My avatar
k-k-k-ktiow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby k-k-k-ktiow » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:20 pm

I use fluffles at night with mf and hemp booster and they are usually fine in the morning, that's up to 14hours later :shock: Has added advantage that lo can't roll over as her feet can't reach the mattress :giggle:
But now have udnn and wnnn which are much funkier and slimmer :wink:
KT

Return to Night Nappies