hf1

Leaking at Night

My avatar
michebe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Leaking at Night

Postby michebe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi, my ds is almost 4 months and all my night nappies are leaking on him :( i jhave tried an UDNN WNNN and a huggle stuffed with a couple of newborn bamboo boosters, having leaks with both wool and pul. I dont really want to be changing him in the night so any ideas?

Mich

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Leaking at Night

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Sounds like you need to add more boosting, easy peasy hemp are really good I use one of them under a petite dessous insert. In Gracies UDNN's I fold the UD insert in half then half again and out an easy peasy under it and it works a treat. xx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:26 pm

I agree with Kirsty - sounds like you need to boost more. We've used Huggles from about 6 months, and adore them but have always needed serious boosting - usually a large, homemade 4 layer bamboo terry booster, with a hemp booster underneath, then a bamboo fleece booster tucked into the 'tongue'.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

I would also question the fit of the nappies, particularly those you use under wool. If they are too gapey around the legs, the pee will stream out of them.

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:02 am

Hi, i have a three month old who had at least two BF a night. I have been using greenkids anytime or minky with their inserts and either an easy peasy hemp or PD insert as well, i have never had a leak so far and he quite often wakes with a huge poo that it manages to contain as well. However i guess all babies are different, and what suits one will not work for another. I have just ordered a UDNN as well to try one, so i will see how it compares.
I am new to using nappies overnight, was too scared with my daughter!, i am sure there are more folk here with more experience that can help. good luck
Forgot to say he wears this for 11 to 12 hours.

Return to Night Nappies