hf1

Fluctuating night production

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Fluctuating night production

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 pm

We have tried lots of different nappies at night and can recomend the UDNN in soy and WNNN. I prefer UDNN I think because they dry quickly and are so soft (we have very hard water) but WNNN come very close and I actually have more WNNN as more have come up preloved. WNNN are more funky and pretty.

I wouldn't use baby behinds for nights after about 6 months. THey make great day nappies and I use them at night for my 8 week old if she has no dry WNNN but there is no way they would last on my 18 month old.

OR if you wanted some cheap night nappies to try, I have some hemp and terry stuffies I was thinking about selling? They come with hemp inserts but you would probably need to add boosting, but there is a large pocket for this. These (with boosting) last the night on our 18 month old, but I don't like nippa fastening nappies more than anything else, and she has enough nappies now not to need them. Would be looking for £4 each posted. They still need a wrap. Hopefully I am allowed to post this here - I am not trying to be cheeky, I just wanted to help :oops:

My avatar
oriel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby oriel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:44 pm

I am definitely interested in that, thanks! PMed you.

My avatar
oriel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby oriel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Can anyone tell me anything about the Easy Peasy Bumper? How does that compare with the others we've been discussing on this thread?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:43 pm

I cannot see a bumper being enough, it's just cotton and not that many layers, but it does have lots of space for boosting so that may work, I think a WNNN or and UDNN would probably be your best bet

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 pm

I agree WNNN and UDNN are good choices, we love these! We have the soy UDs and the WNs are Bamboo - definitely worth getting a few! x

My avatar
oriel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby oriel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Well, yesterday I did a lanolining session on her woolies and they weren't dry by bedtime, so I put her in a Motherease Airflow. These have leaked badly in the past, which is why I switched to wool, so I put in some extra fabric. In total, the layers were:

Baby
Fleece liner
Wonderoo large insert (she usually has a small)
Newborn size cotton prefold
Bamboo booster sewn into
Microfibre shaped nappy
Motherease airflow
Wool sleeping bag
Outside world.

And she slept right through till 7:15! So it's obviously true that I haven't been boosting enough. But I don't want to keep using the inserts from her day nappies.

I ordered some hemp boosters from Easy Peasy and they arrived today and I've used them on her tonight. I got the impression from other threads that they're not fully absorbent till they've been washed, so I put two of them on her. The layers she's in tonight are:

Baby
Fleece liner
Wonderoo small insert
Hemp booster
Hemp booster
Bamboo booster sewn into
Microfibre shaped nappy
Wool shorties
Wool sleeping bag
Outside world.

But the two layers of hemp seemed to make her bum-ball rather stiff, and she was wriggling about in the cot as if it was a little uncomfortable, before she went to sleep. Maybe I'm imagining things. Did I really need two? Will they be less stiff once they've been weed on and washed?

Jenny Penny has kindly sent me her stuffies and I'm awaiting their arrival – hopefully tomorrow night I'll be able give them a go!

I'm still looking at the Upsy Daisy nappies. Is soy better than hemp for the booster, or about the same?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 pm

I haven't got the UD hemp only the soy. I think the soy stays softer (I don't have a tumble dryer) and possibly dries faster? But I don't know as I haven't got their hemp.

My avatar
oriel
Clothie
Clothie

Postby oriel » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Well thanks to Blackcat74 I now have some hemp and bamboo UDNNs to play with! Washing them tomorrow and will try one out tomorrow night! *excited*

If I use the included folding booster plus another hemp booster, is that likely to be sufficient, or should I add more stuffing?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:59 pm

We have the soy but they don't need additional boosting - just the trifold and snap in night booster.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies