hf1

Huggle last nigth

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Huggle last nigth

Postby clarge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:03 am

HAd a huggle on last nigth for the first time, and was great no leaks. We didnt boost but the nappy was sodden this morning, IE wet right up to the waist. Does this mean i need to boost or is this normal?

Thanks.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Huggle last nigth

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:18 am

I eould say it is normal for a night nappy, but it won't do any harm to boost, just to make sure. I haven't ever used a huggle to know if it has a pocket or anything to stuff, but if not, you culd put a booster on the outside, between the nappy and wrap? If you are getting no leaks though and would prefer not to use a booster then I think you will be fine!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:45 am

i used to use huggles and always needed to boost them- i would put a couple of hemp or bamboo boosters in the pocket- it makes a huge bum but used to work for us :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 am

:wine: yeah for a good night! As pp said no leaks is a sign that it is ok but I prefer to have extra boosting and not such a sodden nappy if that makes sense.

I boost my Huggle too! I really only use it when the bamboo and help nappies are wet / dirty as it is so big! I boost with hemp generally.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 am

What do you use a night then? I am new to cloth so not really got a clue... I have 2 huggles and have ordered a NN. Dylan is 1 and a regular wetter.....

Thanks

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:46 am

i stopped using them as they gave sam red marks on his legs :( but he is v porky :giggle: now i use minki's and upsy daisy night nappy and i have just got a flutterby fluff (but she isn't taking orders at the mo) WN are v good to they just didn't suit my lo's shape for some reason :(

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 pm

I liked huggles on DS, but they did need boosting, I used to use a big weed with them!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:06 pm

I always boost Huggles - usually with a large bamboo terry booster (about 4 layers of bamboo I think), and sometimes with a small bamboo fleece booster in the 'tongue'. Makes it massive, but soooo effective. They're just not thick enough without any boosting.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:10 pm

We use bamboo terry 50cm folded and a large hemp underneath this - nappy is just damp in the morning, which is great. We use longies also, keeps lo's bum rash free!

Return to Night Nappies