hf1

Do bulky minki's bother your baby?

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Do bulky minki's bother your baby?

Postby rachel » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 am

Just wondered if, as the title says, bulky standard minkis bother your baby at night? You may have read my other post in baby section about Evie's bad sleep pattern, have no idea why? DH suggested the other night, 'Do you think she's uncomfortable in her nappy?' :shock: :shock: :evil: I sooooo didn't want him to be right!!!! Well...last night we put her in a sposie and, I am please to say, woke up at 11.30, 12.30, 1.30 and finally went back to sleep at 2.30 :shock:
I'm feeling very happy this morning :wine: I was right!! Think it was the heat more than anything last night that bothered her...not her cloth :giggle: Really didn't want to go back to using sposies at night. Her bum does look as big as a house tho in her minki's :hohoho:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Do bulky minki's bother your baby?

Postby charliesam » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:50 am

we have always used minkis on sam at night (as well as other things and sposies when away) and i have never noticed any difference- in fact as i don't think he has ever had a leak i think he sleeps better. He is a poor sleeper and the only time i think a nappy has had an effect is when we have used ones that have leaked :evil: :evil: :evil:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Toby sleeps well in his bulky standard minki.

I only converted to cloth when he was 25 months and he day potty trained a couple of weeks later. When his first cloth nappy went on he was really unimpressed (but it was a bulky fluffle), he spent the first 5 minutes smacking and pushing it! lol, but quickly got used to the bulk!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Pretty much all of Jamine's night nappies are bulky - her Huggles are bigger than her minki - and she sleeps through in all of them.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Never had a problem, in fact she slept better in them because they are fully fleece lined and the wee was absorbed quickly so she wasnt uncomfortable with a damp nappy. I think that a cloth nappy, even a bulky one, has to be more comfortable for a lo to sleep in than a filled squishy cold sposie :puke:

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 pm

So far we've only used xs huggles and xs slinki minkis packed with microfibre inserts at night and it never bothers Findlay that his bum is huuuuge and he's never had a leak so he sleeps soundly in them :mrgreen:
What does upset him greatly is if he has a sposie on as he leaks out of it after a max of 2 hrs making his clothes all wet as preemie sposies don't seem to be hugely absorbant so whilst they fit him properly they leak with his giant wees and newborn ones are more absorbant but also much too big so we get leaks from the legs, waist etc then as they don't fit.

YAY for bulky cloth bums :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:18 am

Bobble Boy's Mum wrote:
YAY for bulky cloth bums :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:wine: I concur!!!! :hohoho:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:41 pm

We've used standard minis at night since ds was tiny (now 15months) doesn't seem to bother him at all. They just plain don't leak ever and keep him dry.
If I knew of something as reliable but prettier I'd use it, but these have been bombproof for us.

My avatar
knittingmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby knittingmum » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:51 pm

I use a Slinki Minki (medium) as part of my small night nappy stash (!), and it is hilariously bulky on poor petite Freya :giggle: Poor thing can hardly walk in it, truth be told, but then I do stuff it with a terry square and a mf cloth.... It doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest though.

Any suggestions for a less bulky alternative to the terry square? I'm assuming hemp would be good?

TIA
georgia & freya (nearly 18 months)

Next

Return to Night Nappies