hf1

Do bulky minki's bother your baby?

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Do bulky minki's bother your baby?

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58 pm

knittingmum wrote:I use a Slinki Minki (medium) as part of my small night nappy stash (!), and it is hilariously bulky on poor petite Freya :giggle: Poor thing can hardly walk in it, truth be told, but then I do stuff it with a terry square and a mf cloth.... It doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest though.

Any suggestions for a less bulky alternative to the terry square? I'm assuming hemp would be good?

TIA
georgia & freya (nearly 18 months)

Ilike and use Easy peasy hemp inserts, they are very slim and really absorbent although you need some thing that absorbs quickly on top, like a microfibre cloth or a pre fold :)

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:45 pm

emmajayne33 wrote:
knittingmum wrote:I use a Slinki Minki (medium) as part of my small night nappy stash (!), and it is hilariously bulky on poor petite Freya :giggle: Poor thing can hardly walk in it, truth be told, but then I do stuff it with a terry square and a mf cloth.... It doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest though.

Any suggestions for a less bulky alternative to the terry square? I'm assuming hemp would be good?

TIA
georgia & freya (nearly 18 months)

Ilike and use Easy peasy hemp inserts, they are very slim and really absorbent although you need some thing that absorbs quickly on top, like a microfibre cloth or a pre fold :)

i use a jamtots hemp square folded into 3 with a microfibre cloth wrapped round or a weenotions hemp square with a bamboo pop on top both work fine in a standard minki and ds can still walk :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:54 pm

i like ep hemp and petit dessous bamboo inserts for summer, in jaks i used to use a 40cm banboo terry, i know it's dtill a terry but incredibly slimmer tgan a cotton one, plus a big weed

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
knittingmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby knittingmum » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks very much for those suggestions! I'm off to track down some EP hemp inserts first, I think, as they seem to be very popular.

x georgia

Previous

Return to Night Nappies