hf1

Night nappy recommnedations

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Night nappy recommnedations

Postby clarge » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:34 am

Hi - I am struggling wiht night napies ATM. We tried a huggle and no leaks but just didnt get on well with those and a wrap so selling those on. We are now using a minky and a slinky minky and again no leaks but they are still a bit big on dylan;s skinny waist and are pinching his legs as i have to do the waist up quite tight. I have ordered a wool soaker, a fleece soaker and a fleece wrap and was looking for recommendation for slim fitting decent night nappies.... We are pocket and AIO fans in the day, dont use fitteds at all.

Thanks!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Night nappy recommnedations

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:38 am

When DD was in night nappies nothing i tried worked apart from wool...that really was the magic for us...when we ran out of night fitteds (BBH's and kiwi quick flips) I would stuff our pockets with extra (wish I had tried the easy peasy hemp inserts with DD as they are fab on ds!) and put woolies over the top...if they did leak a little bit it didnt matter becuase the woolies were over the top :)

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:43 am

Well i was thinking that they are all bulky which is fine, the minky is pretty huge... So what sort of fitted is good then? I have head lots about NN... I will need at least 2 though and they are pricey.... I have the minkys to fill the other nights.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Depending on how heavy wetting your LO is, you might be best with fitteds rather than pockets. I prefer fitteds because they seem less bulky as the nappy itself is absorbent. DD is quite a light wetter overnight. We use Bumhuggers (quite cheap, particularly if you can get them second hand. And the newer style have a pull out soaker for quicker drying, where you can also stuff additional hemp if you need extra absorbency.), Bedbugs (lots more expensive and not great if you have a heavy wetter, because of the MF in them) and FF Nights (nigh on impossible to get hold of :giggle: ). We used to use Baby Beehinds, but Iris has become such a super soaker during the day that they've been relegated to day nappies as I don't have enough fitteds and we can't us pockets ATM. :( But they always worked well for us and being bamboo they holds loads. Wool over fitteds is a great combo, as it's breathable and allows evaporation, so night nappies seem less damp come morning.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Fitteds for night that I love are Baby beehinds (don't need to add extra boosting when used with wool on top), bamboo Sandy's that I boost with a petite dessous and an easy peasy and Hollow Oak, they are all my fav night nappies, also have a Upsy Daisy night nappy which works well but is always slightly wetter than the others. I am loving wool interlock just now, great for this weather with just a vest and that is what I will be using when we go on holiday. xx

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:52 pm

We love

Bedbugs (we have 2 of these, would get more if i could justify the expense!)
Upsy daisy Soy (we have 3)
WNNN (we have 3)

My favourites for absorbency are the WNNN at the moment, we have the bamboo velour ones, these are pricey but quite stretchy so i do the waist up on the tightest setting and the thighs on the one up from that iyswim without difficulty. Best fitting are the UDs and the prettiest are the bedbugs!

We use PUL at night but have got many a woolly post on the way and a fleece wrap from WN coming soon :mrgreen:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 pm

We used to use WNNN and they are very good nappies, they just don't fit very well anymore.

We now use:

Hollow Oak NN - Excellent fit and absorbancy, would love another, but they are a tad expensive.
Flutterby Nights - Again, excellent fit and absorbancy. We have 2 of these and, as I don't want too many of the same night nappy, we won't be getting any more.
Cloth Canoe Twilight - Just got this preloved and it seems like a really nice fit and reasonable absorbancy. I boosted it a lot for it's first try and it was reasonably dry the next morning, so I won't put so much boosting in next time.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:03 pm

if you like aio and pockets we have been using a baby beehind aio which also has a huge pocket which you can stuff :D not as bulky as a minki and no leaks here :mrgreen:
we also use
minki's
flutterby fluff
and an ud nn

sarahx

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:33 pm

My favourites are soy side snap UDNNs with their fleece wraps over!

We also really like WNNNs with their fleece wraps over!

Return to Night Nappies