hf1

Help, please....!

My avatar
Candygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Help, please....!

Postby Candygirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:49 am

Hi my ds is 3 months and has just started to sleep longer at night, so I have just been changing him most nights. I have 2 slinki minki's but they've leaked the last couple times I've used them. They're smalls and I think he's grown out of them, as the stuffing is still quite dry. I would like to get a couple more minki's and some wool shorties. With my minki's now, I've been using EP hemp and whatever else which seems fine, but what to get to go under the wool? Am thinking UD french soy and either EH bumhugger or BBH (bamboo or hemp??) What do you think is better? Also my DS is :bf: and usually does a poo-splosion first thing in the morning(tmi, sorry) so need good containment. TIA

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help, please....!

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:25 am

For nights my favs are BBH, bamboo Sandy's and hollow oak, they are all fantastic at night, also got an UD in french soy which is good but not as great as the others. x

My avatar
Candygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Candygirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:42 am

For the BBH, do you recommend bamboo or hemp? xx

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:44 am

i have both bamboo and hemp BBH and the bamboo one holds more pee

My avatar
Candygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Candygirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:31 am

Thank you :D

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:58 pm

I really rate the soy UDNN - I find them a fair bit more absorbent than bamboo sandys (which I find are a fab day nappy). I sold the bumhuggers as I much prefered UDNNs.

I liked the BBH bamboo but Blake would never fit in one of those now and they aren't fleece lined.

My avatar
Candygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Candygirl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Thank you, I need to get ordering now. Can't wait for the fluffy post! I'm going to get some UD NN soy, do I need the night booster too? Will I need to stuff it or will it be enough on it's own? How many prewashes? Thanks again :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:15 pm

I don't pre wash :oops: I got the tri fold insert with our UD NN but I fold it in 4 (half then half again) to get extra layers but I also ass extra boosting to it, tonight I have added an easy peasy and a bamboo booster. THe BBH I have are all bamboo and they are always much drier than the UD. It's funny how lo's are all so different, Gracies bamboo sandys last her 12-13 hours at night!!!!!
Hollow oak night nappies are fab and Emma is always happy to accomodate, I have always just contacted her and she has always come up trumps, her wool interlock soakers are fab

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Kirstyh wrote:It's funny how lo's are all so different, Gracies bamboo sandys last her 12-13 hours at night!!!!!
Hollow oak night nappies are fab and Emma is always happy to accomodate, I have always just contacted her and she has always come up trumps, her wool interlock soakers are fab

It is strange how different they all are!

I do pre-wash (just 2 washes straight after one another) before using the UDNN. I did order the night boosters, but haven't needed to use them so far in the UDNN (they go in Blake's pocket nappies!). I just use the trifold without any extra folding. We have have side snap UDNNs and use UD fleece wraps over them - that match the inner of the nappies!

Next

Return to Night Nappies