hf1

which night nappy to try?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

which night nappy to try?

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:12 pm

Hello! Nathan is 8 weeks old and 12lb 6oz! We are still using disposables at night. He does 3-4 explosive poos early morning and we have had a few leaks! So we are going to try him at night in cloth too. During the day we change usually every 2 hours and cotton nappies are soaked, bamboo ones quite wet. we are using lots of different nappies but DH likes BG as they are easier! I find the LL bamboo and the bamboo sandies last longest but I am having to boost them with hemp and cotton or bamboo. I am trying to persuade him to go down the wool route but he's not sure! I tried wool today but Nathan was sick over it 40 mins later! typical! The boosters we have currently are EP hemp, PD bamboo ( I think!) and the LL ones you get with the nappies as well as the BG MF and some BBOS combination ones.
So which night nappies do you like and why?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: which night nappy to try?

Postby Louise » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:34 pm

You already know what we like, bedbugs/dreamscapes and FF nights. I'd definitely use wool overnight on Nathan too rather than PUL as its more breathable and some of the moisture will evaporate from the nappy so it won't be as wet, you'll need to lanolise his woolies a few more times though before you use them overnight. If you'd prefer a fleece lined night nappy I'd try a Night Notions or an Upsy Daisy french soy night nappy. Some people also get on well with bumhuggers, Huggles and Baby Beehinds overnight.

ETA you could also try the Minki pocket you've got stuffed with lots of bamboo and hemp, will probably be easier for DH to use too. :wink: Ryan wears large Minkis stuffed with either 2 bamboo terry squares and 2 EH hemp inserts or 2 PD bamboo inserts and 2 EP hemp inserts. Have got a couple of 50cm squares you can have if you want.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:39 pm

We use bamboo sandys at night and I boost with a petie dessous and easy peasy inserts with wool of the top, either longies or in this warm weather an interlock soaker. Hollow Oak night nappies are great as well, haven't got my hands on a FF NN yet but here's hoping it won't be too long!!!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Thanks for suggestions - lou that would be good to try the squares, thanks. I already have a bum hugger here and have a UD night in soy on order and will be ordering a WNNN too but I'm not sure he'll fit in medium quite yet?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:50 pm

lazylexis wrote:Thanks for suggestions - lou that would be good to try the squares, thanks. I already have a bum hugger here and have a UD night in soy on order and will be ordering a WNNN too but I'm not sure he'll fit in medium quite yet?

What popper setting is his small NL on? The NNs are based on the same pattern so if its getting on the small side already a medium NN will probably fit ok.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:52 pm

On Blake and Toby I like soy UDNNs, WNNN and bedbugs.

If DH isn't sure about wool you could try fleece instead - no lanolising and can be thrown in the wash with anything at any temperature. UD, stacinator and WN fleece wraps are fab - we use them very successfully overnight on Toby and Blake.

Return to Night Nappies