hf1

UDNN soy or WNNN? First night nappy Help!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

UDNN soy or WNNN? First night nappy Help!

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 am

Ok. So after reading here i can tell you all like UD, WN and FF. However chances of me getting hold of FF are slim. So how do I decide between WN and UD? I have 4month boy who is currently weeing out of sposies at night. Damp at about 3-4am but cant always tell whether it is really damp or my imagination IYSWIM. But then soggy vest and baby grow by morning :crossbaby: he is weighing about 8kg at the mo so is quite chunky.

I have a wool soaker on order but just need something for underneath. When i measured him for soaker he was 18inch waist, 22inch hips (with a modern baby pop in nappy on) Really just keen to know which will fit better. I have a weenotions OS but nothing else from UD or WN so havent got any preference either way.

Any help much appriciated. TIA :wink:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: UDNN soy or WNNN? First night nappy Help!

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Both are really, really excellent - we have a mixture. If he is a really heavy wetter I would say the soy UDNN as there is room in the pocket of those for extra boosting. Putting extra inserts in the WNNN would cause them to gape at the leg. However, neither of my boys need extra boosting (or even the snap in hemp part) so the WNNN are a lovely fit on them too.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Thank you. In that case I think I will probably go for the UDNN because most of the nappies I use in the day gape at the leg anyway. Some leak, some dont! :-? I am very excited now. Got some paypal to use up still so might order one tomorrow! Yay! :widesmile: :yahoo:

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:13 am

Hi, i have a four month old and he has just had his first night in a soy UDNN, it was still dry in patches in the am, even after a good few long feeds through the night, i did have the extra soy insert in it.i ordered a med long as my boy is tall and to be honest i would not want it much smaller for nights. My med Weenotions wrap fitted over it fine.
I have also just ordered one of the cotton sherpa puddlekins for nights to try that too.
I know you have made up your mind but thought i would add our experience, good luck!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Thanks. Thought i had made up my mind but still cant quite decide. :-? Mybe i'll get one of each!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Oh you know what they say! When in doubt, get both. :hohoho:
They're both excellent night nappies, both with a lot of room for boosting, so get yourself one of each......for the purpose of research of course! 8) 8) 8)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:37 pm

We have 3 WNNN (fleece and 2 bamboo velour) and 2 UDNN both soy and i have to say both are fab fab nappies but i do ever so slightly prefer our UDNN and DP loves the aplix one for ease of use!

Saving up for some more but at the moment we do have 8 night nappies (2 Bedbugs, 3 WNNN, 2 UDNN and 1 FF) so really cant justify it to DP lol

xx

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Thats a good selection i am sure i will end up with as many too, to tempting not to try different ones. So between all of yours is there much difference in absorbancy? , thanks

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:03 pm

I have just bought a preloved bedbugs. what are they like? as good as the others?

Next

Return to Night Nappies