hf1

UDNN soy or WNNN? First night nappy Help!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: UDNN soy or WNNN? First night nappy Help!

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:19 pm

If you can afford it I would get one of each and then sell or swap the one you don't like as much. WNNN are more avaliable preloved than UDNN. UDNNs sell on very well. I prefer UDNN but have more WNNN because they have come up second hand more often and UD ran out of soy so weren't taking orders at the time I was buying (they have it back in now though!).

Saying that, the WNNN work perfectly still. I think it is mainly the feel of the soy I like the most as we have very hard water. And I prefer applix too, especially the UD ones.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:57 pm

keep looking out for preloved but a lot are medium which won't last long enough. Need more paypal funds at the mo as I already have quite a full WN basket but have lots of bits for sale so hoping it won't be too long. Looking forward to my bedbugs coming! Put 3 year old in a well stuffed minki nappy last night (he could hardly walk!) and it worked fine so got a bit more confidence in going ovrnight with ds2 now!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:04 pm

I have both at the moment. I started with WNNN and I absolutely love them. The reason I felt I had to change was because DD won't sit still long enough for me to get nappies on so I moved to UDNN for the aplix.

I find the UDNN are a better fit as the pocket is larger and the elastic actually touches the legs where as the WNNN really gapes, especially now that I have to put extra stuffing in. The old style WNNN have larger pockets than the new style but shorter waist tabs and less buttons so it depends on whether your LO is a skinny mini or not as to whether you might want to try an old style as well.

That said, I've never had a leak with a WNNN and personally I think they might be a bit more absorbent than the UDNN however they are more bulky so it's swings and roundabouts really.

WNNN looks nicer as they're nice and fluffy oh and I find the yellow of the soy is really yak after a couple of washes. The plus side of that though is that they're selling coloured soy now and the yellow ones could be dyed which I'm planning to try!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm

I find the WNOS really gapes on Lucas. Is it the same sort of fitting for the NN? If so I wouldnt be to keen. :|

I have got 2 preloved UDNN on the way aswell now so shouldn't be needing too much more. :hohoho: They are only ever going to be used at night and dont you have to cover them with a wrap anyway??? :-?

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Yes to the wrap.

My WNOS don't gape. :shock: What are you stuffing it with?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Struggling at the mo as I cant really afford decent inserts. So far it has been MF insert with a bamboo booster but we often get leaks so dont use it much. I got an EH hemp insert through the post this morning so hoping that might work. Prewashed once today but i going to do it a couple more times before I try it. :wink:

Waiting for paypal funds to get the EP hemp boosters too. I find the pockets quite wide so the insert doesnt go to the edges all the time. Got it on the middle rise at the mo.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I've never had a problem if the insert doesn't go right to the edge. I just pre-washed our ep inserts a couple of times before I used them xx

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:56 am

I've got WNNN with cotton outer and UDNN in soy. i don't think there's much between the two for absorbency but the soy UDNN is softer, stretchier and I think probably a trimmer fit than the WNNN. If I was buying the WNNN again I wouldn't get the cotton outer as it makes it quite a stiff nappy - not a lot of stretch!! If your PP can swing to it I would go for one of each!!!

Cathleen xx

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Hmm I think if the insert doesn't go to the edge that's a good thing, I find if the pocket is really stuffed then it pulls it out of shape and gapes. Are you sure you're using the right rise setting as it doesn't sound like it has any reason to gape if you've only got that amount of stuffing in especially as mf is very flexible.

I agree with the cotton outer WNNN, definitely not as stretchy as a bamboo outer and much harder to stuff. I also had a conversation with Hanna once about the sizing of the cotton outers as we both think they come up smaller, again because you can't stretch the tabs round quite so much.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies