ecobubs overnight

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

ecobubs overnight

Postby ramsons » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:12 pm

hiya
so we took the plunge and went for an ecobubs overnight on friday. Stuffed it with one ecobubs m/f insert plus a wonderfulls hemp insert pair. In the morning, no leaks, one dry bum and when i checked the inserts about a quarter of both the m/f and hemp were still dry. :D Ds had his morning feed, and poo and still no leaks. And he'd overslept by an hour than usual :D
So all in all quite pleased. although we sized up his pj's becuase of using minkis so with an ecobubs being alot slimmer they kind of hang off his neat little butt in these :wink:
i was a bit dubious when i saw the microfibre insert but it seemed ok, i didn't buy an extra one for overnight though as i have lots of hemp lying about already. The wonderfulls large insert just fits into the size large ecobubs, i've not seen the smaller sizes but i would image you'd have a job fitting it in anything smaller.
Thought i'd let you know in case anyone else was considering them. Dh really likes it becuase they're neat and poppers. But we've only used it once so far...
jenny

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: ecobubs overnight

Postby cherobanne » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Oooh thanks for that. I'm really tempted to get one of these for nights...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:17 am

I think I want one, I love the chocolate and pink stripes, sooo cute!

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 am

Ds was in it again last night with no probs. Dh wants me to buy more...always a good sign as he thinks we've got enough nappies already :hohoho:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:31 am

ramsons wrote:Ds was in it again last night with no probs. Dh wants me to buy more...always a good sign as he thinks we've got enough nappies already :hohoho:

:wine: :wine:

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 pm

These have worked brilliantly for us. I use the m/f insert, a pd and sometimes a small bamboo or mf booster too if B's had a lot to drink. Tonight she is sleeping in one of the pul ecobubs, as we don't have enough large woollen ones until the order comes in.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 am

afterglow wrote:These have worked brilliantly for us. I use the m/f insert, a pd and sometimes a small bamboo or mf booster too if B's had a lot to drink. Tonight she is sleeping in one of the pul ecobubs, as we don't have enough large woollen ones until the order comes in.

They great aren't they. I'm a complete convert we haven't had a problem with them yet and ds is now wearing them every night. :D

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:05 am

Hi,
Am so happy with my standard minkis so why do i want to try these! Should really stop looking at this site i think. Out of interest though does the ecobub keep bottoms as dry as the minkis do? Is they room to put a fair bit of stuffing in? May be persuaded to try one, thanks

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 pm

I've never used a Minki, so don't really know! I think you can probably fit more into a Minki, from what I read, but I'm not sure that an Ecobubs would need as much, those m/f inserts are brilliant. I think if you have something that works at night then stick with it, there's too much at stake! You could always try one during the day instead.

All the larges arrived today :wine: Blythe has a much fuller looking nappy drawer now. She has 4 blue/cream and 1 winter white wool ecobubs, and 2 pink, 2 red, 2 blue and 1 yellow plain pul ones. She's in a pul one tonight whilst the others dry, fingers crossed it will work as well as it did last time.

Next

Return to Night Nappies