ecobubs overnight

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: ecobubs overnight

Postby ramsons » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:08 am

samandsally wrote:Hi,
Am so happy with my standard minkis so why do i want to try these! Should really stop looking at this site i think. Out of interest though does the ecobub keep bottoms as dry as the minkis do? Is they room to put a fair bit of stuffing in? May be persuaded to try one, thanks

Ds seems to be dry in his. I don't think he's a major heavy wetter at night though. The fleece inner is more like the fleece in a blueberry pocket ie quite thinner than minki so on a heavy wetter it might be different. I don't know how it'll far over time once its bobbled!
The ecobubs are neater fit than the minkis, so you can get less in. Having said that when I use a standard minki theres usually room to get a train in after the stuffing. :giggle:
I can get what i stuff in a minki in an ecobubs but thats its no extra space (but we don't need it). I've been using different stuffing with ecobubs- just their microfibre and a wonderfulls hemp insert.

We got the ecobubs because although the minkis are great for dryness they are huge and dh wanted to try something neater fitting, plus he's a fan of side snap pockets. I've always kept dh on side with cloth nappies by giving him what he wants :wink:

My avatar
NicolaM
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NicolaM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm new to this and from what I've read here these might be what I need at night. Do they need an additional wrap?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:47 pm

I managed to order two of these in a sale here in Oz, one cookies and cream stripes (brown and cream) and one cream colour to attempt dying myself once bubba is born. Cant wait to try them as I've heard so many good things about them!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:49 pm

I used an ecobubs last night and it wicked onto her sleepsuit...
Our fleece (and PUL) outer old-style medium WN pocket has never done that... :?

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:40 am

oh no!

I think we only had wicking a couple of times, once when her bodysuit got caught in the nappy and once when I overboosted.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 pm

O dear Ours haven't wicked or leaked yet at all..

NicolaM wrote:I'm new to this and from what I've read here these might be what I need at night. Do they need an additional wrap?
No they don't they're a pocket :)

My avatar
emjay
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emjay » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 pm

hi i use mine with great success i got a ruby and white stripe and the new cookies and cream.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 pm

I bought 2 from here and I SO wish I had bought more - I love them and have been using them at nights with no leaking, with only the supplied insert :D

Previous

Return to Night Nappies