My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Recommend me a nappy for nights

Postby sim » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Ewan is 15 weeks old and out weeing every nappy in sight :-? I've never seen so much wee :shock:
Up till now at night we've put him in a TotsBots size 2 with an EP folded in half at the front under the flap, but last night that leaked too. He is about 13lbs and pretty long and slim. He goes to bed at about 7 and usually gets through till 4 or 5am, sometimes longer.

All suggestions and recommendations VERY welcome!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Recommend me a nappy for nights

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Hya,

We are just started to experiment with nappies at night time, my son is 11 weeks old...so far the only thing he hasnt outweed has been our OBV nappies even during the day, we have puddlekins and goodmama's and we pretty much only use these now...i have given up on terry/cotton nappies...

So im going to try a goodmama with a EP hemp booster under the flap out booster and see what happens...

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:18 pm

You could add a hemp booster between the nappy and the wrap.
When Kiara was younger I used bamboozle and bimbles for nights boosted with hemp between the nappy and the wrap if/when needed.
Then I moved to minkis and they are still my fav because they have never let me down and you can boost them really well.
I also like weenotions night notions, upsy daisies night nappies as they are equally efficient for night without the bulkiness.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks ladies!
megansmummy - I hadn't thought of adding another EP between the nappy and wrap.

Pinchette, do you use Standard or slinki mini nappies? I'm nervous of more pockets as I'm also having trouble with our Bumgenius leaking during the day.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Simone I can lend you as small stardard minki, it still fits Summer but she's learnt to undo aplix so it's no use there, and it's not at all girly, you can get ALOT of stuffing in, I've never been able to use pockets on Jak but minkis worked on him!

I haven't got any night nappies I love really, I really like the fit of old style wee notion night notions, but they don't make them any more, you might be able to get them preloved, other wise you could try a upsy daisy night nappy, I think the new style weenotion night notions would probably be too big on Ewan at the mo!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Gracie is 16 months and we use bamboo BabyBeehinds and have only in the last few days have started to add a bit extra bamboo to boost with, they are only slightly damp on the outside. Bamboo Sandy's boosted with a PD insert and an EP hemp insert lasts her all night. WE did have an UD soy NN but wasn't our fav so sold it on. Hollow oak night nappies are also very good, we use wool at night which is amazing.
Hope you find something that suits soon. x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:42 pm

When Iris was the same age as your LO, we used bamboo Baby Beehinds, Swaddlebees OS and Bumhuggers overnight. I had to boost all of them with EP hemp boosters.

You might find that as your LO gets bigger he wets less - as he transitions to solids from milk, you might need less absorbency than you do at the moment. Iris is now quite a light wetter (overnight at least - daytimes are a whole other ball game!) - I could still use a Baby Beehinds on her overnight, but I'd not need to boost it now. Counterintuitive, huh? :shock:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 am

OH yes of course, we use bamboo baby beehinds at night, I like them but they do go a little stiff over time

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Brilliant! I knew I'd get good advice here.
Hanna, could I try out the minki? That'd be fab.
I want to get a couple of UD and WN nappies but i'd rather wait till he is in a medium. Might keep an eye out for a preloved baby beehind too.

Return to Night Nappies