hf1

If you have more than one size of night nappies....

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

If you have more than one size of night nappies....

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:21 pm

How do you easily sort through what inserts go to what nappy? I have all WNNN and UDNN and have a mixture of all sizes! Talia fits into both small and medium and Elouise fits into medium, M/L AND large! LOL. So I have just bought any size that has come up preloved!

It drives me mad. Especially the difference between Medium and Large. The difference isn't obvious unless you hold them up against each other every time and even then - My WNs are all different anyway ie some larges are bigger than other larges etc. I spent ages trying to do one of the WNs today as the insert seemed too big for the nappy even though the outter was deffinatly a large!

AM I the only one? I am trying to gradually move onto UDNNs so at least I only have the one type (And the soy is the only thing that stays soft in our hard water!)

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: If you have more than one size of night nappies....

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:34 am

I don't have the problem, having only Iris. But you could always do something like stitch a small piece of different coloured thread to the inner and boosters of different nappies. That way you just have to match the colours.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Do you need lots of different size inserts? I'm using the same as what I stuffed in mediums in larges. Ds weed more at night when he was in mediums than he does now in larges so there wasn't any need to put more stuffing in. I guess it depends how much wee you're dealing with. :wink:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:43 am

Soupdragon wrote:I don't have the problem, having only Iris. But you could always do something like stitch a small piece of different coloured thread to the inner and boosters of different nappies. That way you just have to match the colours.

I can't sew :oops: Don't even own a needle and thread :oops:

ramsons wrote:Do you need lots of different size inserts? I'm using the same as what I stuffed in mediums in larges. Ds weed more at night when he was in mediums than he does now in larges so there wasn't any need to put more stuffing in. I guess it depends how much wee you're dealing with. :wink:

Its mainly that we have the proper inserts that came with the night nappies. And although the medium inserts are fine in the large ones, the large inserts don't quite fit in the medium so then I wouldn't have an insert for those if I hadn't matched the sizes.

Its all too confusing! Lol

I am currently trying to use my WNNNs at night so I can get all my UDNNs clean and dry, meaning I can sort through what I have got in what size and hopefully dye them.

Do you think I definatly need to take the inserts out when washing? Just thinking that would save this whole problem! But would it get properly clean?

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:07 am

What about dying them so the inserts match the nappy? Or do one colour for large and one for medium?! That's what I'm going to do :)

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Thats bascially what I am going to do with my UDNN - although a few have coloured poppers so wil have to plan colours around that. But its a bit harder with my WNNN as they all have either coloured inner, patterned/coloured outter or embordory!

Return to Night Nappies