hf1

Night Nappies for 2.5yr old...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Night Nappies for 2.5yr old...

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Right i put DD into pampers active fit at night when we stopped using cloth with her and its not untill I have totaly re-found the love for cloth with Ds that I realise how much i HATE those things, they smell, leak and bulge and go all squichy and horrible...

So im thinking of putting her back into cloth at night time...daytime isnt such an issue as we are 'sort' of potty trainning...

So what would you suggest for a 2.5yr old who's nappies are not SOAKED by morning...I was thinking of trying a piddlekins (i have a couple of OBV ones)...what do you think? As for wraps she fits into Med thirsties so i think i would be ok with them and I also have some large ME ones left...Do you think that might work if i boost the puddlekins with some hemp?? Im nervous now and wish I still had wool for DD :cry: We always used wool for her night nappies since the wraps left marks on her thighs...not tried the thirsties though as i only got those when Ds needed them...

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Night Nappies for 2.5yr old...

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Give it a try! Not sure you'd get a boosted Puddlekins under a medium wrap on a 2.5 yo though, maybe try a large or XL Airflow? We used to use those for nights and they never ever leaked, even if the nappy was saturated... but if she sleeps reasonably well it shouldn't be.

Otherwise, Upsy Daisy NNs are highly recommended and their large is very generous; ditto for Wee Notions NNs and toddler sized Bedbugs (though those tend to be more expensive and harder to come by). You might as well try what you have first though, no sense buying more if it does the trick!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:00 pm

i use a WNNN on my 2 and a bit year old and it works fabby. usally put wool over it but hes got a few pul wraps that fit fine. fleece is good too and cheap. seen some debbie s ones and they were only about £4

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks :) I got DD in a GM under a med thirsties wrap the other day so it might work...the mediums are an odd size they fit both of my kids!! :shock: Anyway im just thinking i prob wouldnt get much stuffing in there with it but your right its worth a try...they are all in the wash at the moment! :oops:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 pm

We use the cotton sherpa puddlekins night nappies with an extra bamboo booster in and they last fine. They're not too bulky either so I think your medium wraps should be ok :D

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:23 pm

We use minki's and WNNN's and I have puddlekins day fitted which I sometimes use and boost with a EP hemp insert. They all work fine :D

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Toby is in mainly age 3 clothes now and only wears nappies of a night. He has XL UDNNs (soy), XL WNNNs and XL WNNLs - They are all fab on him and very absorbent.

He has fleece wraps - stacinator (toddler sized), tots bots fleece (size 3), XL WN fleece wraps and XL UD fleece wraps.

I have just started to use wool on him so he now mainly wears XL woollywraps shorties.

He also has an XL standard minki - but this really is very big! It would probably still fit him in a few years. There is loads & loads of room in the pocket.

He can also still just about be squeezed in to a wonderoo - if I boosted very well with bamboo and hemp they could last overnight, but I haven't used them on Toby for a few months tbh so i'm not 100% sure they would still fit him with extra boosting.

Return to Night Nappies