Stuffing slinky minkee nappies

My avatar
LloydyG
Clothie
Clothie

Stuffing slinky minkee nappies

Postby LloydyG » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Hiya all,

I'm currently using slinky minkee nappies at nighttime, and I'm stuffing them with a folded up cotton terry square, which turns out so bulky so I'm wondering what everyone else uses to stuff slinkys for nighttime? I was wondering if there is a more slimline alternative!
Thanks,

Laura

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Stuffing slinky minkee nappies

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm

I don't specifically know about slinkis (as I don't have one), but stuff standard minkis and all other pockets with bamboo, soy and hemp inserts - they are all slimmer and more absorbent than cotton in my opinion.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm

ive used p'tits dessous bamboo ones before. 2 of them and no leaks

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02 pm

I use bamboo, or hemp with bamboo on top - you get far more absorbancy than you get with the same size cotton insert. I generally use my own homemade bamboo terry inserts.

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:28 am

Hi, I use standard minkis but i guess they are similar. I recently swapped to stuffing them with the babeco bamboo terry squares { saw them recommended on here}, soo soft and much thinner, i use 2 squares and an easy peasy hemp insert however he is still feeding alot at night!
This is still a little dry in the am so could possibly put less in.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 am

I also us bamboo terry squares in my minkis, 2 of them (sometimes 3) at a time, folded to fit and them with a hemp booster of some sort just for good measure

Minki nappes are a bulky nappy anyway, even with no stuffing in they are bulkier than all of our daytime nappies :D

jan x

My avatar
LloydyG
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LloydyG » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies to my post, I will have a look for some pre-loved bamboo/hemp inserts, and give them another go.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:18 pm

I use bamboo with hemp underneath, I find that the perfect combination for us :)

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 pm

LloydyG wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies to my post, I will have a look for some pre-loved bamboo/hemp inserts, and give them another go.

Just noticed your relpy :doh: :giggle: Hope you manage to find some and get on with them ok!

Next

Return to Night Nappies