Argh! NN help needed before I give up!

My avatar
jojobunny
Clothie
Clothie

Argh! NN help needed before I give up!

Postby jojobunny » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Hello

I am desperate for some advice her. my DD is 1 and has been in cloth since she was 10 days old. However, we have never found a night nappy that will last as long as we need it to and therefore she has remained in sposies, which I really hate.

My latest attempt for a night nappy was a bamboo LL with a BBfleece/double hemp booster under the tongue of the nappy (and the tongue was folded double) then another double hemp booster between the nappy and the wrap. She looked like a sumo or a weeble, but it still didnt do the trick. She went down about 6 and woke up wet and soggy at 3am. She only woke because of the nappy, she would normally sleep til about 6am,

Is there anything you can suggest to help me, I would so love to be full time cloth but am really starting to think there is no way it is going to happen! I dont know if I have got it in me to go down the wool route, though all I know who use iut rave about it -is there anything else you can suugest to help me.

all advice appreciated. xx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Argh! NN help needed before I give up!

Postby Frances » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Have you tried a dedicated night nappy? I had no success at all boosting day nappies, however heavily.

I can really recommend:

Upsy Daisy Night Nappies (with trifold and extra popper-on booster)
Minki Huggles (needs boosting with hemp or bamboo)
Flutterby Fluff Nights

Also, lots of people love Night Notions, although the fit wasn't quite right for us.

Wool is fab, I really recommend it - is there any reason you don't want to try it?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:09 pm

I have had so many problems with Kaydi's night nappies, she is a super soaker at night!

To be honest the only nappy I can use at night without super boosting is an Upsy Daisy Night nappy with the trifold insert and the snap on bit.
I also recomend wool I know you said you don't want to use it but it works so well for my heavy wetter.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 pm

I would suggest trying a dedicated night nappy. Our favourite at the moment is a cotton sherpa night nappy from Puddlekins. We also use wool at night and this seems to help with heavy wetters. Before we started using wool, Harriet was saturated every morning but since using wool we have to boost her nappies much less than we did before as the wool allows some of the wetness to evaporate.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Fleece wraps work very similarly to wool but is much lower maintenance - they can be machine washed with or without fabric conditioner and then get thrown on a radiator to dry. We have successfully used Upsy Daisy fleece, Wee Notions fleece, stacinator fleece and tots bots fleece.

We love UDNNs and WNNNs overnight. I also had success with very well boosted (with bamboo and hemp) fluffles.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Elouise used to be a super heavy wetter at night and would even leak through disposables.

The only nappy we really liked (and would last the night) is an Upsy Daisy night nappy in frency soy terry, with the additional soy booster. Lovely nappy! More absorbant than a disposable so if disposables are working then these should to. Only thing is that they very rarely come up preloved, and when they do - they go very quickly!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:23 am

Deffinatly try a dedicated night nappy! We have to boost bamboo LL's for daytime use! I have invested in puddlekins cotton sherpa night nappies, they also do a bamboo one...

Also wool is FAB at night, i never thought i would have liked it but it was all that worked at night with DD :wink: First wool on its way for Ds :mrgreen:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:50 am

I have a

UDNN
WNNN
and a Puddlekins night nappy

and they all work great on my heavy wetters

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:58 am

Hi, sorry you are having problems.My wee man is alot younger than your Lo but feeds all night {or so it feels like at times!} so wees heavily. I have tried a couple of dedicated NN with pul over and they never seem to last the night, maybe wool would have made it better . I have started using standard minki pockets now and they are great just as others have said. They are bulky but soft and look comfy and more importantly dry baby in the am even when inserts are soaking.
Good luck and hope you find a solution soon.

Next

Return to Night Nappies