hf1

Any hope for 3 year old who's pampers leak????

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Any hope for 3 year old who's pampers leak????

Postby Ruth » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi, I've come back on for DS2 really, but it's just occured to me that if things have changed there may be something I can use for DS1. Jack wears Pampers Baby Dry at night, but wakes up soaking in the morning. His bed is wet too it's so bad. I Last night I woke him for a wee at 11, & it made a SLIGHT difference. He's dry in the day & we did have a few dry nights a couple of weeks ago where I caught him getting up for a wee & then his nappy was dry in the morning!! Is there a night nappy or some kind of night trainer pant? I begrudge buying the things if they are going to leak!!!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Any hope for 3 year old who's pampers leak????

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:56 pm

My 4 year old is a very heavy wetter at night. We use well stuffed fleece outer Minki pockets, they make his bum look huge but we've never had any leaks.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:21 pm

I would recommend a well stuffed minki pocket too! Or.. have you actually tried night training him? maybe that could be a better option perhaps?

My boy just turned 4 and although he has been totally nappy free for over a year now (how did that time fly??) I still lift him at night.

Basically I make him have a wee just before putting him to bed at 7pm, then I make sure that I go up to him by 11pm at the latest to take him to the toilet again (we call it his sleepy wee as he rarely wakes up fully, ut always manages a full big wee), then back into bed. Initially I had to make sure I got to him for around 6.30am to take him to the toilet again, but for a long time now he wakes and takes himself to the toilet as soon as he wakes.

Still now though, if I don't take him for his sleepy wee we will most likely get a wet bed!

Just thought that if he has had a few nights taking himself for a wee and had dry nappies, perhaps if you took him every night he would soon get used to it (you may get a few wet beds to begin with but they soon become less and less)

jan x

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:02 pm

I will try that then Jan. He would object to a well stuffed nappy I think. I had just assumed that as he was so wet in the morning he's not ready, but I can see what you mean about getting him in to the habbit of going. Thanks.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Toby wears XL soy UDNNs and he has an XL WNNN.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Isabelle's suddenly turned back into a heavy wetter not sure why but disps don't hold it and fleece-lined nappies including pockets leak... Only thing that works for us right at the moment is our old-reliable puddlepants weedies stuffed with two 50cm bamboo terries, and 2 hemp inserts... With wool over the top...
Sleepy wee sounds like a good plan and would be easier to do if he's in a pullup than taking off and putting back on a big cloth bum :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Ryan doesn't like his nappies much either but I sneak it on once he's gone to sleep. :wink: I tried lifting but we still got a wet bed so he's back in nappies at night for now.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am

Ruth wrote:I will try that then Jan. He would object to a well stuffed nappy I think. I had just assumed that as he was so wet in the morning he's not ready, but I can see what you mean about getting him in to the habbit of going. Thanks.

We had a wet bed the other night from Lucas :( (the first in ages and I assume it was possible because of the recent events here :( ), he was literally saturated from his armpits to his ankles (thank goodness for our wee notions bed pad :wink: ). He was soaked!

I would say that the amount of wetness doesn't mean he isn't ready, do you llimit his liquid intake at all? I try to limit Lucas after he has had his dinner (doesn't always work though as he now just helps himself to a drink from the bathroom tap :roll: )

Also, try to avoid the pull ups at all if you are going for it, I think it can give mixed messages, just to bed in pjs and lift him for a sleepy wee, maybe lift him for 2 sleepy wees if you think it might be needed initially!

jan x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:46 am

Yeah Ruth you got back on!!! :wine: :wine: Louis is no where near ready, if I dont' get to him in time (have to put nappy on after he has gone to sleep) he pees the bed and even at napy time we can get accidents. So if the lifting doesnt' work here are my thoughts. I use a mixture of things. Current fave is the new pop n gro by Lollipop, it is a birth to potty nappy (so if doesn't work you can use it on Stan!). I use the bamboo inset that it comes with plus antoher hemp and that is enough without it being very big. Other than that Wee Notions night nappies & Baby Beehinds bamboo (these are really thin) with wool over. Josh was 3.5 at least before he was dry at night and I never forced it - it was when I noticed he had been dry for 4 or 5 nights in a row that I told him no more nappies and that was it!

Let us know how you go with night training :hug:

Next

Return to Night Nappies