hf1

Is it related?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Is it related?

Postby twinkletot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am

Since I started using night nappies ds has a red itchy rash apear on his tummy where the top of the nappy sits. I am using fitteds and fleece soakers. Is he just too wet and this is why a rash has appeared?

Sam x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Is it related?

Postby tanya » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:29 am

Do you use fleece liners or fleece lined nappies? I'm wondering if he has a sensitivity to fleece.

What night nappies are you using?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:42 am

Yeah we use fleece liners and one nappy is fleece lined. I use fleece liners and some fleece lined nappies during the day and he is fine with it. Not reacted like this once!! I have a HLBB and a EH Bumhugger. He had the HL on last night and was really red and itchy when he woke. Dp said he was scratching in the night when ds woke him though.....

Sam x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 am

I know that DD can sometimes get a red rash around her tummy when wearing an aplix fastening nappy - the aplix seems to rub her. :( Bumhuggers are our emergency middle of the night change nappies. I find that the tongue seems to drag the front of the nappy down when you stuff it inside the nappy, IYSWIM, so I try and make sure I pull it out more so that the aplix is in it's proper place and can't rub.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:42 pm

You could try putting some vaseline or something like it across his belly, where the nappy usually sits, to help it heal and see if it is wetness or rubbing causing it.

It could also be the heat atm, in which case a sposie wouldn't help as they make it hotter inside the nappy.

Sorry, I haven't got any more ideas, as my DD has never had this kind of reaction.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:44 pm

I will check where the aplix is and put vaseline on to see if it is either those. I hadn't thought of the heat!! It could be couldn't it. If the those bits don't work that is what I will assume it is for the time being. Thanks ladies :) .

Sam x

Return to Night Nappies