hf1

Pockets as night nappies

My avatar
snapdragon
Clothie
Clothie

Pockets as night nappies

Postby snapdragon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Does anyone use a pocket or AIO nappy as a night nappy? During the day we are total Itti addicts here with a few pocket nappies thrown in for good measure (BBSS and WNSS so far). I know the nest option for nights is a separate wrap but I am wondering if anyone has had any success with pocket nappies overnight?

I am considering the Real Easy nappy from Hip Baby as an overnight as it is an AIO with a flip out hemp booster but it also has a big pocket for stuffing? Has anyone got any experience?

Also, what is the best thing to stuff pockets with for max absorbency but trimmest fit? Maybe inserts that are not too wide between the legs?

Can you tell I am fairly new to the whole pocket nappy lark :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Pockets as night nappies

Postby lazylexis » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:27 pm

The only pocket we use is a standard minki from nappies by minki.we stuff it with a petit dessous bamboo insert and 2 easy peasy hemp ones and no leaks yet!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:43 pm

I dont use pockets at night. I use a terry, boosted with a Mothercare smart nappy inner, with a fleece liner on the top, with a home made fleece soaker on the top :) Makes her really bulky, but nothings escaped to far (touch wood! :cnthug: ) But then, I only own two pocket nappies anyway :oops:

My avatar
snapdragon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snapdragon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have tried a Slinky Minky on a nappy trial scheme and even that seemed really bulky (my DD is a real skinny minnie). I have heard good things about standard minkies over night but am just worries they are going to be uncomfortably bulky for her?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 pm

My DD is a chunky monkey and I basically have two nappies on her at night (the mothercare inner that I use it a nappy on it's own) and she's not uncomfortable. In fact, I think she sleeps a bit better in that than the sposies...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 pm

I used to use fuzzies at night when Gracie was smaller and never had any problems, I didn't find slinki minki's all that bulky either tbh. How old is you lo? xx

Return to Night Nappies