hf1

Cant seem to find one that dont work? HELP

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Cant seem to find one that dont work? HELP

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:59 pm

alesha has been wearing sposies for most of her nights as i struglled when she was little with having a huge buly nappy on her at night, i just didnt like the way her spine wasnt straight due to a bulky boosted nappy!

but decided last week to try again as it bought time she was in cloth fulltime

i have a huge range of nappies a couple of loads of different brands really,

so far i have tried these all with leaking in the morning! (major leaks aswell all out the back of the nappy)

-tots easyfit with microfibre cloth inside folded 4 times for boosting with ME rikki wrap on outside

-littlelamb with inserts and wrap

-little kiwi (nippa) with nature babies wrap

-MEOS with insert and rikki wrap

-totsbots easyfit boosted as above with nature babies wrap

-totsbots bamboozle boosted with microfibre cloth and nature babies wrap

-totsbots easyfit boosted as above but with a bb wrap (not sure what actual brand is (bought preloved) but it has a little black tag with letters BB and pic of a pawprint)

i have loads of nappies, aswell as the ones above i have sandys, hemp nappies, totsbots aio, kushies aio's,babeco nappy (has pocket on back aswell) nature babies stuffables, modern baby, kiwi quickflaps, rainbow bb pockets, aswell as prefolds and terrys, wraps i have are the rikki, bambino mio, couple whams, the pawprint one, kiwishop wrap, and probs more but cant think of hand

i also have a few more bits arriving including a couple fleece soakers, totsbots fleece wrap, bamboo nappies, geobel bamboo nappy.

also have littlelamb nighttime boosters, loads of flannels and microfibre cloths, for boosting with

so with everything i have what would you think would be the best nappy/wrap to work together, it has to last a good 12hr, but with only one bottle (4oz) at start of night!

she not a big wetter as during the day one sandys (for example) unboosted will last 4-5hrs!

and i havent really got the money to buy anything nice like bedbugs, or wnns or any of the other gorgeous nappies!
most of these where givem to me or i bought here preloved and there for couple pound each or something!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Cant seem to find one that dont work? HELP

Postby babyroo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:01 pm

The first thing I would try is adding more boosting. One extra MF cloth into a day nappy isn't really enough for night-time use.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:09 pm

My all time fav night nappy for Ben is a quick flip with 3 easy peasy hemp boosters and a 40cm bamboo square. Sounds like you need to boost things a little more.

Another way to make things work for me is to use 2 day time nappies to make a night time one - so something like a little lamb next to skin and a MEOS over the top, but with an extra layer of boosting inside.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Try boosting with something bamboo or hemp rather than microfibre. we use ptits dessous bamboo and easy peasy hemp boosters in our night nappies.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Gracie wears LL's to bed some times as well and I boost with an easy peasy and a bamboo terry square (40x40cm), we also use baby beehind and bamboo sandys boosted with a petite dessous and an easy peasy, all of these are barely damp in the morning,FFN's are brilliant and gorgeous but hard to get hold off. xx

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:40 pm

ok how does this sound!

i am using a eco babeco nappy its a nappy within itself but has a pocket for extra stuffing and has a fleece inner (thought would be good for keeping her dry through night) i have stuffed it with a microfibre cloth folded into 4 aswell as a cotton booster (2 layers cotton i think) i have also folded another cotton booster and put that at the back of the nappy (as this seems to be were she leaks from? do you think this is enough or would a small prefold on the outside of the nappy (ie inbetween nappy and wrap) trifolded, would be an idea aswell?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:55 pm

I dont know about wool as I've only just finised the tops of my longies :giggle: but I know DD sleeps better and wakes up drier in fleece covers...
She normally goes to bed in a terry, boosted with a MF tea towel folded (so she has 6 layers of MF, plus about 6 layers of terry at the front!) and a fleece scrap as a liner, with fleece cover. At the moment we're experimenting with new nappies. Last night she wore a Clwt Twt which was GREAT and tonight she's in a mummy made nappy, with two MF cloths folded up and fanned out a bit at the back, with fleece liner and soaker. (I've put a sposie under her cot just in case :oops: :oops: I don't know if I trust my home made nappy lol, although my other one worked great, but it was made differently)

My avatar
melly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby melly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 pm

i think you need to boost more too. i use sandys on a night boosted with 2 ep hemp boosters or a hemp trifold with a me wrap or longies. havent had any leaks yet...unless you count this mornings episode of "ha, ha...i now know how to undo the velcro on my wrap and can take it off!" :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:05 pm

123princesssammie wrote:ok how does this sound!

i am using a eco babeco nappy its a nappy within itself but has a pocket for extra stuffing and has a fleece inner (thought would be good for keeping her dry through night) i have stuffed it with a microfibre cloth folded into 4 aswell as a cotton booster (2 layers cotton i think) i have also folded another cotton booster and put that at the back of the nappy (as this seems to be were she leaks from? do you think this is enough or would a small prefold on the outside of the nappy (ie inbetween nappy and wrap) trifolded, would be an idea aswell?

I would think adding the prefold would be a good idea. At least that way, if it's too much boosting, you don't have to put extra in tomorrow, but if there isn't even you WILL get a cross, wet baby.

It may be worth considering buying some hemp or bamboo boosters as they are thirstier than MF or cotton, so hold much more, which is essential at night. MF also has a tendency to act like a sponge if put under pressure with too much in it, which could be why you are getting leaks.

Next

Return to Night Nappies