My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

disheartened and confused!

Postby littlesez » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:39 pm

oh it sounds so dramatic, the title!

Well i have been using bamboozles overnight for ages but treated myself to 2 preloved UDNN. thing is there are not really working for us :cry: feel like just sicking to the bamboozles really. heres the sketch!

Bamboozles we use size 2 even if they are MAHOOSIVE! on izzy they work well i think as they are so big iykwim, they come with a sewn in booster and sometimes i add the extra one too, tehn on top is a prefold which acts as a stay dry type layer. THE RESULT dry and rash free bum, very wet sopping nappy but dry wool.

UDNN stuffed with what they came with, but not sure as they were preloved? AND im not sure which goes with which as i have soooo many preloved boosters/liners/stuff to stuff :giggle: that i have lost track. :-? THE RESULT soaking wet through nappy at the front, wet elsewhere, some soreness and soggy woolies :(

boo hoo thinking of just boosting the bamboozles but it makes them so huge :roll: really want the night nappies to work too. I just want my girl to be comfy AND dry

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: disheartened and confused!

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 pm

I didn't find the UD NN's worked very well for us and Gracie isn't a heavy wetter, what i did was instead of tri folding the big insert I would fold it in half then half again and the put an easy peasy behind it and sometime a bamboo insert as well and even then it was quite wet on the outside, not dripping but wetter than her other night nappies. i really like Baby beehinds at night, I some time add a small bamboo booster but not always and the outside is just damp, same with bamboo sandys, they are good as well with not a lot of boosting. FFN's are brilliant of you can get hold of one. Don't give up it really is a case of trial and error. x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:12 pm

thanks kirsty, so do you think its a good thing that the outside is really wet then? or i need to have more of a trial and error with the boosters?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Iris' night nappies are usually sodden by the time they're taken off (wet tabs and all - and always have been). So long as her woollies aren't wet, nor her sleeping bag, I don't worry about it. I prefer not to over-boost as I don't want her to be laid uncomfortably. Although I suppose that's less of an issue now she moves about so much. :giggle:

When Iris was your LOs age I boosted more than I do now; she doesn't drink milk overnight now, so wets less. You might find her nappies less sodden as she starts to wean. And once she starts moving about more at night, perhaps?

Kirsty's right though - it is just trial and error about what works for your baby.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:31 pm

no the wool and babygro are wet too, any sometimes the sleep bag too :-? which means a lot of washing and smelly woolies.

She is weaning but at the mo is waking once or twice for milk. she rolls onto her belly at night so maybe thats why its so wet at the front?

yes i feel like i cant stuff much more as its really big as it is gaahhh I would like to expeeriment with some different night nappies but can't afford to buy any at the mo

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Nicola is right, as long as her woolies aren't wet then it is fine for the nappy to be pretty wet. Is Izzy a heavy wetter? I could send you a baby beehind to try if you like, Little lambs is another good one, infact any bamboo nappy works well for us. I would like to try a hemp BBH as well.
I wasn't brave enought to be using cloth overnight at Izzy's age :roll: so not sure how much Gracie wet but :doh: she has been sleeping through since she was 5 weeks so wasn't having night time feeds. x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:02 pm

no the wool is wet so need to get it sussed! i would love 6o try a baby behinds that would be fab thanks, yes the bamboozles are the besst we have had so far but feel like i cant stuff any bigger

i dont know if izzy is a heavy wetter? she can outpee a cotton LL in about an hour and a half to 2 hours, ittis last more maybe 21/2 -3 hours? wonder if she is better in fitted overnight than pockets? too much to think about my brain hurts!

right off to bed speak tomorrrow, thanks so much for all your help xxx

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:31 am

hi, i have the same problem with the UDNN mines the soy one and i have to boost it with the large insert from an itti bitti & 2 thick unknown bamboo boosters. the front is always sopping wet as shes become a belly sleeper but so far woolies have been dry.
hope you can find the combo that suits you :hug: keep at it though coz its worth it .

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:14 am

I've found, with night nappies, that if they are wet on the outside, it's fine, but when the are absolutely dripping wet on the outside, then that's the time to add some extra boosting as there would be no extra capacity if LO decided to wee even more, if that makes sense.

I've never tried UDNN, so can't comment on them, but we have had signifcant problems with any night nappies which are pocket fitteds. We have success with night nappies which have (lots of) lay-in boosters, such as HO or FF.

Next

Return to Night Nappies