hf1

Need new night nappy idea's...UPDATE...SUCCESS!!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Need new night nappy idea's...UPDATE...SUCCESS!!

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:48 am

I bought 3 puddlekins cotton sherpa NN's and whilst they are super cute and lovely and soft i just cant get them to work overnight...they just seem to get so wet that its leaking through Kierens woolies (even boosted with EP boosters and bamboost booster) :(

I really need to find a overnight solution, i have a minkee outter puddlekins that i bought pre-loved and that works really well overnight but there is no way I can afford to buy brank spankin new ones and they dont come up very often at all in the classifieds!

I dont know what to try next...i dont have enough funds to try out the super expensive night nappies out there if they arnt gonna work either! :(

im just really frustrated :(
Last edited by megansmummy on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Need new night nappy idea's...getting frustrated :(

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 am

Have you washed them enough?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:01 pm

They have all been washed 5+ times (although not always dried inbetween as i was just pre-washing them to get absorbancy up...not sure if i should have dried them inbetween or not?)

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:44 pm

I don't know what to tell you as I can't get the cotton sherpa pk's to work for Dexter overnight at the moment either :-? . They work fine for Harriet but maybe it's something to do with Dexter and Kierens age in that they don't move much so we're getting compression wicking? The only nappy that i've managed to use successfully overnight was the GM that you lent me :-?

Hoping someone can help as i'm fresh out of ideas too :(

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Allie, thats what I was wondering...wether the fact that kieren has ALOT of milk through the day and night...wether im asking too much of a 'night nappy' at the moment? He takes aprox 35oz in a 24 hour period...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm

TBH it's probably a mixture of both - the amount of fluid he has during the night and possible compression wicking due to him not moving much in his sleep. You're probably better off trying a nappy made from bamboo rather than cotton. How long do his Puddlekins day nappies last? Would you be able to use one of those boosted overnight?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:24 pm

megansmummy wrote:Allie, thats what I was wondering...wether the fact that kieren has ALOT of milk through the day and night...wether im asking too much of a 'night nappy' at the moment? He takes aprox 35oz in a 24 hour period...

Maybe so, I think Dexter takes around 29oz in 24 hours so quite a lot really although his nappy before bedtime is usually sopping and I change him into his night nappy just before his 7pm feed. So technically he's only having 5oz approx after he's been changed. If he wakes in the night i'm having to change him again as he's so wet. It's so frustrating, I don't remember having these problems with Harriet but then she was sleeping through at 5 weeks wet nappy or not :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Louise wrote:TBH it's probably a mixture of both - the amount of fluid he has during the night and possible compression wicking due to him not moving much in his sleep. You're probably better off trying a nappy made from bamboo rather than cotton. How long do his Puddlekins day nappies last? Would you be able to use one of those boosted overnight?

His puddlekins days last fine and i can use them overnight so im wondering if it is just the cotton that doesnt work for us...
I can use a puddlekins day boosted overnight... all Kierens day nappies are bamboo but i couldnt afford the bamboo puddlekins night nappies...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:45 pm

I don't have a puddlekins so I don't know what they are like but at Kieran's age we used Baby Behind onesize bamboo nappies on their largest setting and they worked fab under his woollies. If you are confident his woollies are lanolised enough, I would try something possibly more absorbent :-?

Next

Return to Night Nappies