hf1

its time to ditch disposables at night, need advive and idea

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

its time to ditch disposables at night, need advive and idea

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi ladies. I've been using cloth since ethan was about a week old, we've used a mixture of nappies and currently I use mothereas sandys and airflow wraps mainly. I have got lots of other nappies but these are my faves so far. Now then, ethan is still in a disposable at night, he is 4 months old, a heavy wetter and is sleeping about 12 hours a night, sometimes more. I want him out of disposables altogether but I have no idea what to put him in at night. I know the motherease prob won't be great (they are cotton) and have never used any of the nappies that I know some of you prefer to use at night so please be gental with me! I don't want something too bulky as ethan will get too warm and he doesn't tolerate being too warm. What nappy can u suggest that's not too bulky for night time and wraps. I can't use wool as allergic to lanolin! Also money is tight so whatever I get will have to be got preloved! By the way, ethan is about 16 lbs already! Thanks in advance my lovelies x

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: its time to ditch disposables at night, need advive and idea

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Fleece is a great breathable alternative to wool. WN & stacinator fleece wraps are a very similar shape to ME airflow. I think fleece wraps keeps them cooler than using pul.

We use WNNN, soy UDNN & HL bedbugs but I don't know if he would get too hot in those. The soy UDNN are possibly the slimmest of those.

Flutterby fluff night nappies are supposed to be slim but I haven't managed to get hold of one of those yet. I will be madly stalking for a couple when the next custom slots go up. :giggle:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:14 pm

baby beehinds work at night for daniel and they are slim

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:37 pm

We use flutterby fluff and bedbugs at night. If you can't use wool fleece is a great breathable alternative. FWIW cloth nappies are cooler than disposables so even if the nappy is a little bulky he should be cooler in cloth anyway.

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby MrsWeirdo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

We use WNNN too, ITA tha LO will stay cooler in the cloth :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 am

If you like Sandy's so much, what about getting some Bamboo ones and adding some extra boosting to get through the night? With a fleece wrap, I would imagine this should work. I haven't used Sandy's overnight, but people on this board do very successfully.

If you decide to try it, it might be worth getting the next size up, so you can put more boosting inside the nappy, without it distorting the shape.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:23 am

we use fleece covers i made and either a nappy i made, boosted with hemp and microfibre, or a clwt twt with some extra boosting

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am

We use Sandys over night on Gracie and they are great. x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:30 am

I have used a bamboo Sandy's overnight on Iris in an emergency, boosted with a Big Weed on the outside of the nappy it worked. Otherwise less expensive (and easier to get hold of!) options you could look at might be a Baby Beehinds or a Bumhugger. Bumhuggers aren't the prettiest nappies, but are fully fleeced lined and have a flip-out booster, which means a pocket where you can stuff extra boosting.

Next

Return to Night Nappies