hf1

another bedbug question! (sorry!)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: another bedbug question! (sorry!)

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:15 pm

ooooh now those pics r fab! i do like those, :-) i love anything bright and funky, the brighter the better i think. i can knit, my biggest project to date though was a poncho for my daughter, silly me did it in one piece and it was hooge!lol see u got me thinking now, i was thinking boy colours would be all well, dull. oh how wrong was i? am off to have a look :-)

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm

If you can knit then you're laughing! There's the Tiny Birds pattern which is free or the one that I know a lot of people use and which I bought for my friend Zoe to knit up the Pussy Cat longies in, which is the Sheepy Times Knit pattern. It costs about £3 for a downloaded PDF which contains about five or six different patterns if I remember rightly.

Then you're looking at just buying the wool, which can range in price but I've found the average is between £15 and £20 for 200g.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 pm

but how much wool would i need for say, longies for a 3 month old?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:07 am

You would need to measure him, there is a sizing chrt on the pixie knit website but my nan is knitting me large longies for Kieren who is 4 months (will just roll the legs up a bit!) and I got 150g Double knit from pixie knits and she did one pair out of theat and started another so I got her another 100g...so out of 250g she has done two pairs of longies :)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:05 am

will have to get me a tape measure i think and measure the little dude. i got a pair to start with just off the classified listing's to start me off, and then over the weekend i'll start measuring etc etc and downloading some patterns. never thought i'd get excited over knitting again!lol

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:08 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:but how much wool would i need for say, longies for a 3 month old?

Depends on their size, but I would think you wouldn't need more than 150g. James is 18 months and his measurements at 14 months were W 20in/50cm In Leg 9in/21cm, Rise 17in/43cm and Hips we guessed at around 22 because we forgot to measure. Since then he's hardly altered, he's still under 22lbs but is quite tall so he's all long and skinny.

The patterns usually have a measurement guide on them and a wool estimate.

Previous

Return to Night Nappies