Totsbots at night.....

My avatar
sweetpea
Clothie
Clothie

Totsbots at night.....

Postby sweetpea » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi
L sleeps for a good 8 hour stretch and is happy enough in her totsbots with booster. As her nights get longer though I can't imagine that they will be absorbant enough ...

Any thoughts?

Should I just wait and see or should I get something else in ...

Has anyone else used t/bots at night - I've tried the trad ones and the bamboo ones and they both are soaking in the morning which as I say is fine for now but ....

Have been looking on a few web sites and have started to go all trance like in confusion :roll: What for example are pocket nappies and is it true that these are best for night. Really don't want to have to use any disposibles as many of my clothie friends resort to this over night.

Claire
x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi Claire, I used my size 1 tots till Louis was about 4 months or so and I stopped changing him at the 11pm feed. He was getting pretty wet by then. Most of us prefer a 2 part but with the nappy bit a pocket so that you can add boosting between the fleece (to keep them dry) and the outer cotton/bamboo that makes up the nappy iyswim!! This system enables you to boost as much as you need for your baby. Hemp then bamboo are the slimmest by absorbancy, much better than cotton. Hemp/terry stuffies (angletots.co.uk do them) are fantastic if hard to get of! easypeasey nappies do the bimble in cotton and a bamboo version. All these are a 2 part (ie still need a wrap) pocket nappy. Alot of us use wool covers at night as they let some of the wee evaporate overnight and are very kind to babies skin. Others use fleece (personally didn't get on with this when I tried it!) or just a larger pul wrap. If you have a look in general nappy chat Sukhi recently asked a similar question so you shoudl be able to find some other answers there too!! The main over night option in a 'true' pocket nappy is the Minki (Nappies by Minki make them) these are a pocket where both the inside and outside are fleece and you need to place all the stuffign you need inside the nappy (so you don't need a seperate wrap). Lots of the girls get on with these although Hannah had to stop using them as she foudn she couldn't stuff them enough where as with a 2 parter all the nappy is absorbant if that makes sence!!! If you have a look in the Photo Album section in the biggest night bum section you'll see what some of the styles look like!!! Sorry this has turned into a bit of an essay!!! :D :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:47 pm

Claire,
It really depends on how much your LO wets. Kayleigh was fine in her cotton little lambs (similiar to cotton tots) overnight with 2 booster pads until she was 9 months old. At that stage she was sleeping 10 hours at night. At 9 months we got bamboo nappies (bambineos and bamboozles) and they were good for night until she was about 11 months. After that we changed to minki nappies with a microfibre pad + a hemp booster.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:48 pm

Wow Rae, she really is a light wetter isn't she!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Lucky you all those lovely cotton pul pockets that I can't use :( :cry: :cry: boo hoo!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:54 pm

I'm worried that one day she will mega wee and I won't know what to do. In saying that, we have certainly seen a difference, but it is what you get use to.

Return to Night Nappies