cloth at night

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

cloth at night

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:44 pm

hi all
ive been CD Alister since he was 5weeks old and have never had him in cloth over night as hes such a heavy wetter, can anyone tell me the best night nappy to use, i have all different types of cloth, prefolds/wraps, BGV2S and v3s mutts, BB,WN, are any of these good for night time or do i have to get new ones just for the eve?

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: cloth at night

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:12 pm

You may get away with any of those if they are well boosted... I used BG and BB at night untill Isaac was 12 weeks, but then he started outweeing them... :roll: Now we use, WNNN, A standard Minki (which has a huge pocket so you can put plenty of boosters in) Puddlekins and UDNN... I think it's just a case of experimenting and finding what works for you.

What kind of WN do you have? We have a WN northern light and if we boost that with 2 hemp inserts it works fine at night. We also use wool at night. :)

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:21 pm

thankyou for replying :)
yeah i'll think i'll have to experiment, im just worried hes going to feel uncomfortable if hes too wet because he sleeps through most nights so doesnt have a change,
i have no clue what wn i have i bought them preloved, but they are definatly very absorbant with extra boosters!
i havint thought of wool, is that just a wool soaker over the top you mean?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm

I think if you have a heavy wetter you better going for a specific night nappy. Minki pockets are great for night time if you want a paocket. Otherwise for fitteds weenotions Night nappies, Flutterbyfluff NN's, and UpsyDaisy NN's are great.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 pm

WN is Wee Notions. As long as you use a fleece liner your LO shouldn't feel wet at all. As your LO is a heavy wetter you will probably need a specific nappy designed for night use rather than being able to get away with boosting a day nappy. We use Flutterby Fluff night nappies mainly and occasionally bedbugs and dreamscapes. Wool is fantastic as it lets some of the moisture evaporate from the nappy and is much more breathable than PUL. Katie only wears wool over her fitteds now. At night we either use a wool soaker under her sleepsuit or a pair of longies/shorties and a T-shirt.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:44 pm

thanks for all the advice ladies :) think im in search for some night nappies :) defiantly going to try wnnn,
think im going to experiement and find whats best fpr us, hate using sposies they actally stink in the morning!!

Return to Night Nappies