hf1

Night Nappy Help Needed for Supersoaker!

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Night Nappy Help Needed for Supersoaker!

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm struggling to find a nappy that will last Findlay overnight as he'll easily sleep 12-13 hours and he hates being woken up for a nappy change but equally he doesn't appreciate being wet.

When sleeping for 12-13hrs he is taking in 288-312 mls of milk so he is obviously weeing quite a large amount.

This morning his sleeping bag was wet as he'd soaked through an UDNN with additional UD bamboo booster + an EP hemp and his newly lanolised woolies on over the top. I've tried a WNNN insert in a Standard Minki and you could wring it out after 8 hours!

Ideally we need a nappy that is as slim as possible as Findlay is very little (he is long and very skinny and newborn clothes are still baggy over a well stuffed Standard Minki to give you an idea of his size) and he also has to sleep strapped to a special cushion that keeps him at a 30 degree angle and so the bulkier the nappy is the less of an angle he's actually at which then causes him other issues.

Any tips of an night nappy that will last him would be great as I don't really want to have to wake him up in the night to change him if I can avoid it although I have a feeling I might have to.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Night Nappy Help Needed for Supersoaker!

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:01 pm

I think finding a slim nappy to cope with all that weeing is perhaps asking a bit much.

You could try adding a couple of EP hemp inserts to the WNNN insert in the Minki and see if that works. Shouldn't bulk it too much more.

I think it's quite a difficult task to find a night nappy for a LO who drinks/feeds through the night.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:04 pm

I agree with tanya, i think you may struggle a little finding something mega absorbant without adding much bulk :( Kieren feeds through the night and we have aminkee outter puddlekins fitted that works a treat boosted with en EP hemp...but apart from that we use Bedbugs also boosted with an Ep hemp and have just ordered 2 new WNNN and am hoping they work too...

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Thanks. I've added two EP hemps to his Minki tonight with the WNNN insert so we'll see how that goes, fingers crossed!

Just had a look at the Puddlekins site (don't think I'd been to it before!) and I might get one of their night nappies to try once I've got some PP. Bedbugs look stunning (especially the parrot ones) but I've heard some people say that there is too much mf in them for a heavy wetter which makes me a bit wary about getting one as his wetting is only going to get worse as the amount he has per hour through his tube feed gets increased over however many more months he's on it for.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 am

Do you use wool at night?? That could also help his nappies last a bit longer :wink:
(ETA sorry i just realised you had put about wool n your opening post :oops: )

I ove our puddlekins nappies, the only thing i would say is that the one size ones are quite big and as your LO is tiny tiny im not sure if it would swapm him :-? Im sure if you contacted Ems though (when she has custom slots available) then she may be able to make you a tiny one rather than the one size :)

The bedbugs last Kieren 12 hours easily (although he doesnt sleep for a solid 12 hours as he wakes to feed etc...i just dont like changing him in the middle of the night as it wakes him right up rather than his normal 'sleepy but awake enough to feed state'!! I put one on him the other night when he was poorly at 6.10pm and we had an awful night and he didnt actually get up untill 9.20am and he was still dry under his woolies (outside of the nappy was wet but no leaks...) I think its ike anything...works for some and not others :wink:

Good luck, hope the other EP made a difference!!
Last edited by megansmummy on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 am

We use a bedbug with an EP booster folded in half at the front. I always try and fold things and place them at the front so that it doesn't add bulk at the back and make him sleep uncomfortably. he had this on for 11 hours last night and it was fine but i wouldn't trust it for 13 hours tbh. I dont boost any of my other night nappies and they last the same period of time. If I boosted my WNNN or (very old) FF with and EP it might last for 13hours without leaking. I don't find my UDNN particularly great TBH. Lucas will take 250ml During the night as well as whatever he has while he is getting to sleep, maybe 160ml. So 310mls approx through the time he has his nappy on.

Are you sure your woolies are lanolised enough? I think 2-3 times is recommended for overnight use.

Return to Night Nappies