hf1

Not sure about reusable nappies at night....

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Not sure about reusable nappies at night....

Postby tanya » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:13 pm

fluffycabbage wrote: would i need to use a soaker with a puddlekins?

Yes, you would

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:17 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:yeah do let me know about that nappy louise! ive been using ME airflow, so i guess i should prob look for a soaker or two then? would i need to use a soaker with a puddlekins?

Definitely get a soaker, it will make a difference. I use Hollow Oak, Luxe and Bugaboo Bottoms Interlock soakers and various knitted soakers under Katie's sleepsuits. Yes you will need to use either PUL, fleece or wool over the Puddlekins.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Ok, 2nd night in the puddlekins went ok. She'd completely wet through it again, with an EP hemp underneath the 3 pk boosters, but she had longies on too, and they were only very very slightly damp. So i guess it was a success :-? I dont like the fact that all her front and back is covered in wee for that long tho - do i need to boost even more? maybe a bamboo booster on top of the hemp?

how is ur new nappy louise?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Im a bit funny about night nappies, i dont like kieren to be soaking wet when he wakes up...i just dont think it would be comfie :-? Although there is nothing to say that its bad for them, just preference!

I would try adding a bit more boosting if her woolies were a bit soggy...bamboo on top of hemp might be a good thing to try!! :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:09 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:Ok, 2nd night in the puddlekins went ok. She'd completely wet through it again, with an EP hemp underneath the 3 pk boosters, but she had longies on too, and they were only very very slightly damp. So i guess it was a success :-? I dont like the fact that all her front and back is covered in wee for that long tho - do i need to boost even more? maybe a bamboo booster on top of the hemp?

how is ur new nappy louise?

I posted a review here. I used it without a prewash and also without any boosting. It lasted 14 hours, although it was saturated her woollies were dry. I think I'll stick to my FFNs though for overnight use as they are only slightly damp on the outside in the morning.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:38 pm

ah right, not a bad nappy then. :|

well i used the bedbug lastnight, and it was pretty good, not as good as the HO tho :giggle: i think i'll just add a hemp layer at the bottom and it'll be good enough :)
gonna go with the HO again tonight :D

Previous

Return to Night Nappies