hf1

wet hips?

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

wet hips?

Postby wytch » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:05 am

well we are doing cloth overnight with wool and we haven't had a leak yet but I think thats down to my preloved bombproof wool. DD sleeps on her belly most of the night so normally the back of her nappy is dry but she is always wet right to her hips! I'm worried about her sleeping with wet hips not being good for her. Do any of you have this problem?

last night we had a puddlekins silent night with ep hep fold in 3 and but in wet zone then a bamboo booster under the 2 snappins. nappy was wet/soaked but not leaking.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: wet hips?

Postby jules070603 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 am

Night Nappies here are always soaked to the tabs but its never caused any issues with my LOs. I'd just keep an eye on any signs of rashes if it is worrying you but as long as LO is comfortable its fine IMO. xxx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:31 am

If your concerned about it then maybe try a nappy thats a bit more absorbant or add some more hemp/bamboo...Kierens night nappies are wet to the touch on the outside but not up to the tabs...it would bother me a little bit too tbh :-?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 am

jules070603 wrote:Night Nappies here are always soaked to the tabs but its never caused any issues with my LOs. I'd just keep an eye on any signs of rashes if it is worrying you but as long as LO is comfortable its fine IMO. xxx

WSS

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 am

Harriets night nappies always used to be soaked but it never cuased her a problem. Mosts of Dexters are too but it hasn't caused any issues :D

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:53 am

Phew I thought is was just my DD. she seems fine with it but just thought i'd check. I dont think more boosters or diff nappy are going to help as even when I put a night nappy with hemp and bamboo in and then more bamboo boosters on top of a prefold and nippa that over the top she still wet to the hips. i think its were she sleep on her belly

Return to Night Nappies