PK NN-cotton sherpa-** RESULTS ADDED **

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

PK NN-cotton sherpa-** RESULTS ADDED **

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:07 pm

does anyone have one of these?

I just bought one pre-loved and was a bit shocked to say the least when i got it out the packaging.......it is sooooo thin i just cannot imagine it lasting the night????? :-? Is cotton sherpa really THAT absorbant that the nappy can be so thin??? :-?

Seriously , for those of you who dont have one , it is as thin as a WNNL (the nappy , not boosters) and then has 2 really thin lay in boosters.......

I tried it on H for fit as it is front snap and weve never had one before , fitted ok which is good , but im SCARED!! Seriuosly!!! I have a HEAVY wetter , please can someone re-assure me before i stick it back on the classifieds as im even too scared to try it :| :oops:

I was really excited about getting this but now im not....
Last edited by sophie2198 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Puddlekins NN - cotton sherpa...

Postby Louise » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I've never had one but I've heard that people with heavy wetters don't get on that well with them. I think you'll be better off with a bamboo PK night nappy TBH and I'd probably add some extra boosting to it when you try it if I was you.

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:04 pm

I did have to boost ours for my little lad, and he's not that heavy a wetter. I only used one fairly thin bamboo booster though and it was fine with that. There is loads of room for stuffing though, and it doesn't make the legs gape when they are stuffed. I've sold mine on but oly because the fit didn't work for us, we never had any leaks.
xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Gracie has one and we use it boosted during the day but as pp have said they are easlily boosted I added a bamboo square and easy peasy to it and it was fine. x

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:09 pm

I've got one and I have to say I am not convinced so far. It looks really cute but the legs gape, especially if I try and boost it. My son is not a skinny baby either. Hmmmm.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:21 pm

what are you boosting it with? As long as the boosting is within the width of the leg elastic it shouldnt gape :)

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:40 pm

We didn't have much luck with it for nights, either, but Juliet's a heavy wetter, so we definitely need bamboo, but I adored how soft it was against her bottom.

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:54 pm

ems wrote:what are you boosting it with? As long as the boosting is within the width of the leg elastic it shouldnt gape :)

I boosted it with a tots bots bamboo booster. I don't know if he has one leg thinner than the other, but I just can't get it to fit snugly round his right leg!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: PK NN-cotton sherpa-** RESULTS ADDED **

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:08 am

well.............................

the first time i used it i added loads of boosting as just wasnt confident.....i used one of the booster supplied laid flat , then the other one folded in half in his wetzone (so at front of nappy) , then i added a face flannel (good for absorbing first wees!) , a babykicks hemparoo insert and then a bamboo booster..... :giggle: , it went on at 7pm , came off at 7.30am and had lasted fine! No leaks! :wine: The nappy was quite wet on the outside but his longies were still dry so thats ok!

2nd time i used it was last night...........i wanted to kind of go right the other way and boost with as little as possible to see how it would cope that way , so i only added a bamboo booster (on top of the 2 boosters it comes with) and nothing else......it went on at 6.45pm (he was tired!) , came off at 8.30am (he slept in! :shock: ) and the nappy was really wet on the outside , longies slightly damp on the outside BUT any of his night nappies would struggle to last that long , crikey its nearly 14 hours!!! So all in all YES the puddlekins cotton sherpa NN is MAGIC!!! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Next

Return to Night Nappies