hf1

Puddlekins Q

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Puddlekins Q

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:35 pm

so if i want to order a puddlekins custom night nappy where do i start? I mean, i dont know what serged or turned and topstitched means. or the difference in absorbency between microchamois, minkee or bamboo velour is for the booster. or if i'll need an additional booster.
why are nappies soooooooo confusing :roll:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Puddlekins Q

Postby nappynutter » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:49 am

fluffycabbage wrote:so if i want to order a puddlekins custom night nappy where do i start? I mean, i dont know what serged or turned and topstitched means. or the difference in absorbency between microchamois, minkee or bamboo velour is for the booster. or if i'll need an additional booster.

Serged is frilly stitched edges, turned and top stitched is folded over and sewn edges. (Some people prefer the fit of T&T and/or think it looks nicer but it's more expensive.)

Microfleece and minkee are one way layers. Bamboo velour is an absorbent layer.

You get two inserts in a night nappy, each with 3 layers of bamboo fleece (the absorbent bit) topped with a one way layer or a bamboo velour absorbent layer.

Unless you have an extremely heavy wetter the two boosters should be enough.

Does that help?

The shop is closed for orders just now but you can have fun adding things to your wish list. :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Puddlekins Q

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:00 am

fluffycabbage wrote:so if i want to order a puddlekins custom night nappy where do i start? I mean, i dont know what serged or turned and topstitched means.

A serged nappy has frilled edges like this one

Turned and topstiched gives a neater finish

fluffycabbage wrote:or the difference in absorbency between microchamois, minkee or bamboo velour is for the booster. or if i'll need an additional booster.

Microchamois and minkee are not absorbent, they both provide a stay dry layer. I prefer minkee as it doesn't stain like fleece can. If your LO is a heavy wetter I'd recommend getting an all bamboo velour nappy and use a seperate liner.

Puddlekins is closed for now and when Emma reopens (around 5th October I believe)I think she'll be doing mainly instock items with a few custom slots.

HTH

Return to Night Nappies