hf1

Burn marks on DD's legs in the morning! Help

My avatar
bozandloz
Clothie
Clothie

Burn marks on DD's legs in the morning! Help

Postby bozandloz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:58 pm

arghhhhhhhhhh just as we've managed to find a combo that FINALLY suits DD overnight we are now up against burn marks!!!

We use either a huggle with a Debbies nappies fleece soaker (brand new) or a Yoyo by Minki (brand new) or a fuzzi bunz or hello kitty pocket nappy. BUT she now has lovely burn marks going right round her thighs where the nappies have sat overnight :shock: Help, what can we do? She is in love with her new cloth nappies as her younger sister wears them and finally after months of failure we have found combos that work for her. But I can't have these horrible burn marks (she's actually got scabs!!!!! where one mark was) so am at a loss

any advice appreciated (all I can say is she must have the potentist of wee as DD2 has never had burn marks and wears cloth 24/7) DD1 wears a cloth from 7 till 7.

thanks guys

My avatar
Mcchick
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Burn marks on DD's legs in the morning! Help

Postby Mcchick » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:07 pm

JJ suffered with this too!!!! Always at night.... and usually in bedbugs or anything with bov inners or tight elastic. Oh and if not fleece lined, totally, or minkee lined.. he is fine with them in teh day though.

Awful awful burn marks that also scabbed over.

I now have every nappy he uses for nighttimes fleece lined, and no tight elastic....

I can only use Flutterby fluff, Hollow oaks or the new style WNNN at nights now!

Sorry no help...... but thought I'd sympathise!

Lisa xxx

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:15 pm

make sure nappy isnt too tight, but also when its on run your finger around the leg just to make sure its sitting high up to the crotch area - so when your lo wriggles the nappy isnt moving.

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:21 am

Don't know if this would work, but could you maybe try a fleece liner a little wider than the crotch of the nappy, iyswim, so that it sits between the leg elastic and the legs?

My avatar
bozandloz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bozandloz » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:38 am

thanks for suggestion, I may end up trying that, although wasn't sure if that would be the same as wicking and would the wet travel out the fleece onto her pj's?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 am

Evie had it quite badly with most night nappies we tried - it was where the wet fabric of the nappy was rubbing against her legs, and it looked really sore. The only ones that didnt do it were bumhuggers because of the frilled leg opening, and nappies by minki pockets. I used 2 fleece liners, laying them horizontally on the nappy rather than vertically, so they were hanging out the sides, and then made sure they were tucked into the soaker so there were no wicking issues and it was much easier on her skin.

:hug: as I remember how sore it was for Evie :hug:

My avatar
bozandloz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bozandloz » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:01 pm

well she's gone to bed in a huggle tonight with a debbies fleece soaker over, DH did her so forgot to mention about the liners :( so just hope she is ok in the morning. She's been on sposies for the last 4-5 days just so that her legs would heal. I should be able to line the huggles easily and cover with a soaker, and maybe even the pockets with a soaker over? Oh well, time to go check out Debbies nappies again :wink:

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 pm

We've just moved to terries to counter the same problem. Anything that rubs on her skin when there's urine there causes a red burn. For us it's teething wee - I can smell the difference in the morning and know if I'm going to be confronted by redness:shock:

The terries don't have any 'edge' so seemed to be a bit better - the other thing that's not too bad is sandy's with fleece soakers or wool. She still gets a bit of a rash where the frilled edge sometimes touches her leg, but we can't use anything with an elasticated edge :( no pretty nappies for us!

My avatar
bozandloz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bozandloz » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:09 am

I wish I could put it down to teething wee but she's 4 so fraid we are well past that, she is just a wicked wee'er :giggle:

I'll fleece her up tonight and take it a day at a time. I'm loath to buy any more nappies as I'm hoping she'll be dry at night soon (although from the weight of her nappies in the morning we are still a LONG LONG time away from that) and I've just bought brand new from Minki and Debbies.

:hug: for you, no pretty nappies :hug:

Next

Return to Night Nappies