hf1

Burn marks on DD's legs in the morning! Help

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Burn marks on DD's legs in the morning! Help

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:39 am

hope you get it sorted, sounds really sore. Our Kieran was still soaking through sposies at night at 3.5 until I just didn't put one on him and we have never had a wet bed :shock: he was a huuuge drinker during the day

My avatar
bozandloz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bozandloz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:45 am

Hiya

I don't think it's the amounts she drinks, somedays alot, somedays not alot at all. She just falls into that deep a sleep she doesn't wake up, and will quite happily fester in a wet bed all night :shock: I did try lifting her at one stage (when heavily pregnant so up 20x a night anyway :hohoho: ) and for 4 nights I thought we'd cracked it, but then it went to pot and she was wee'ing quite quickly after being put to bed and I figured I didn't want to be lifting her forever. Every so often we do try (normally when we came to the end of a pack of sposies) but to no success. She used to have the odd accident if she had fallen asleep on the sofa and it would normally be when she had stirred but not woken up fully and then she would have the accident, we learnt that one and as soon as she stirred we would run her to the toilet. Now I've managed to get her into cloth and we come up across this!!! who knows, she may be dry by the time she is 20 :wink:

My avatar
bozandloz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bozandloz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:14 am

just thought I'd let you know that I think we may have cracked it :wine: (fingers crossed, touch wood)

I now line each nappy with a huge oversize fleece (no wicking as fleece :) ) AND also put petroleum jelly at the top of either leg to stop the wee getting to her legs where it seemed to be getting her. Been doing it for 5 nights and the burn marks/redness have all but gone so looks like it may be a winning combination.

thanks to everyone for their sympathy and suggestions :hug:

Previous

Return to Night Nappies